or Connect

Posts by BirthIsAwesome

I'm not a mom of teens (yet!), but I was a teen in the last 5 years so I'll give you my 2 cents :) My parents refused to allow me to get a job until I was 18 and it really ticked me off. I was a very frugal child and teen and saved every penny of my birthday/christmas money from my grandparents from the time I was about 7 years old. When I was 16 I really wanted to get a "real" job so I could start making money and saving for a car. No dice. All that to say---my husband...
I introduced plain goat's milk yogurt at 7 months, and he loves it! He has it for breakfast nearly every day...usually plain, but sometimes with some berries mashed in. He has had a bite of regular plain cow's milk yogurt here and there (usually when traveling and I couldn't find goat yogurt), but we don't have allergies in our family and he showed no reaction. Goat milk is closer to human milk and is easier for a baby to digest, which is why I'm sticking with that...
oooh, that is a lovely ring!    
I love my rings so much, but unfortunately have been dealing with an ezcema flare-up and the rings were irritating it so I haven't worn them in months. Mine is a plain white-gold band with an engagement band channel set with 5 tiny sapphires and 4 tiny diamonds, alternating. It looks like this. I've always loved sapphires and did NOT want an engagement ring that had a gem sticking up to catch on things, so this was perfect for me and perfect for our budget too :) 
I blend a few bulbs of garlic with some olive oil and salt and keep it in a little jar in the fridge...then whenever I finish cooking dinner I add a little scoop of the paste and stir it up. One of my favorites is pasta with olive oil, garlic paste, parmesan, basil, and oregano. Yum!
Ds is just 8 months and Dh and I just last week left him for the first time for about 3 hours with my mom (and we weren't alone, we were bringing two of my siblings to a movie). He did perfectly, took the pumped bottle of breastmilk, and fell asleep in her arms :) So now we are excited to go out alone at least to just have dinner and a movie. If he tolerates our date well again, we plan on doing a little 24 hour getaway right after he turns one (I'll of course leave lots...
Well, his first taste was a strawberry. I was at the farmers market with him in the Moby, had just bought strawberries, and he snatched one right out of my hand after I took a bite and started sucking on it! lol That was at 5 months, 2 weeks. The first food he actually consumed was a bit of mashed avocado two weeks later on his six month birthday. He much prefers feeding himself avocado (a slice with the skin on), but will take a spoon for other things like yogurt or egg...
  oooh, me too! My fave hippy magazine :D
I've been here for a long while and this used to be my favorite forum on the internet. I fondly remember MotheringDotCommune :) I haven't been around much since my baby was born, but I was very active in my DDC, which was an amazing haven for me. I feel like the vibe is definitely different (and not in a good way), but I have no easy solution. I haven't really noticed the light/heavy/light moderation swings, I guess because I have never posted many controversial things...
I hear you Maeryn...okay, here's a funny (WASN'T FUNNY AT THE TIME) story for you. I wasn't at my own wedding ceremony thanks to the Air Force. So my hubby (then fiance) was in Tech School with a graduation date set for the last weekend in April. Our wedding date was set for the first weekend in May. So he graduates Basic and gets his assignment a week later...Italy. There was no way I could accompany him to Italy if we waited to get married in May because there is a lot...