or Connect

Posts by mama2004

Thanks!
That pretty much sums it up.  
Thanks.  I'll work on latch, then and see if I can figure out what can be done about the seatbelt issue, since that will probably come up in about 6# or so...   ETA, does anyone have any suggestions for other options we might consider, short of a new vehicle?  I haven't really looked at belt positioning boosters at this point as ds is still too little, I think.
Yes, I can definitely see how there could be a balance between tight/safe install and vehicle seat positioning.  Since latch is an option for a bit longer, I think I'm going to focus on working that out for the time being (my intention all along, though it has yet to work out), although I'd really like to see if I can figure out the seatbelt issue without having to move the seat forward.  Is that something that a locking clip might help to address?  (Probably not, or...
Chickabiddy, ds is nearly 5, he weighs about 40#.  The truck is a 2006 Mazda regular cab (not sure of the model specifically).  The airbag is turned off.  I'll see if I can get a look at the vehicle manual to double check the rear tether position wrt the headrest.  So, with a seatbelt install, having the vehicle seat moved forward a bit is generally regarded as a better option for a tight install if need be?  I thought there was an issue not just with the airbag, but...
Maedze, thank you so much for your time and input, I really appreciate your help with this and other questions I have posted.   So, I was reading the forward of the bight thing as an incompatibility in seat structure, but it looks like it might have more to do with the seat belt position in the vehicle.  Since it's a truck, the seat belt originates on the side wall of the truck, anchored at the top and bottom on the side.  I'm not sure why the techs didn't install...
Can you tell me what that might look like?  It sounds like a situation where the seat simply won't fit against the bight (by a fairly obvious margin?), and that doesn't seem to be the case as far as I can tell; the Nauti seems to fit pretty well against the vehicle seat.  I haven't done much fiddling with it, and haven't played with the recline on the vehicle seat, and I thought the Nauti has an adjustable recline, too?  So I don't know if there might be any issues with...
The entire seat is how my ex understood it.  I checked his install today before deciding which vehicle I would use, and noticed that the passenger seat with the Nauti looked too far forward, so I checked and slid the seat farther back, which wrecked the seat belt install, of course.  I told ex that I had moved the seat back and so the install as it was wouldn't work, and he said the tech told him to do it that way--to move the entire vehicle seat forward two clicks.  Is...
Ok, so there's been a bit of difficulty as far as my ex being able to properly install a Nautilus in his (2006 regular cab) truck.  I've already posted about that.  He found a car seat check to attend and got help there with a seatbelt install.  Apparently, the tech who was helping him advised him to install with the seatbelt while the vehicle seat is as far back as it goes, and then move the vehicle seat forward "two clicks."     I'm confused by that advice, since I...
You have my sympathies!  I lost an elderly cat to renal failure, and he was so uncomfortable that he would pee anywhere that seemed cool and comfortable; he also (I think) deliberately peed in weird spots in front of me to call my attention to his discomfort.  He was letting me know.  I have had good experience with kitty pheromone stuff, the Cat Attract litter or litter additive already mentioned, and also kitty prozac.  We adopted a kitty from the Humane Society last...