or Connect

Posts by mama2004

I was reading another thread that mentioned the RSTV, and someone mentioned using the tether even with a lap/shoulder belt.  I have the vest and have read the instructions multiple times, trying to divine whether or not the tether is *only* to be used with a lap belt, or if it ought to/could be used at all times.  If anyone knows, I'd love the answer.   Also, my xdh bought a Graco Nautilus to use ff, harnessed for our ds in his standard cab truck (ds is 4.5, about...
A bat, of all things.  The winged mammal kind.
Thanks so much for the replies.  This has been off my radar for a while, since we've been using a seatbelt install and don't move the car seat; I'm glad to know that the replacement straps seem to have solved the problem.  I'll be making a phone call this week.
Does anyone know if this issue was ever resolved?  We have a Radian XTSL that we bought when they first came out with the higher rf limit in order to keep ds rf longer.  I tried a ff latch install when we had trouble getting the seat rf with a seat belt (until I could get to a tech to help with the rf seat belt install) and found the latch didn't lock or hold the seat tightly, it wiggled out with use.  It's possible that a latch install could be useful in the near future...
You might want to check your alternator.
Anyone have any experience to share?  I have held on as long as I could, but it's definitely over.  Right now, we're trying mediation, although I'm not sure it will be successful.  Does anyone have any wisdom or suggestions for how to survive dealing with someone who has proven unreliable?  I am most concerned about the wellbeing of our son who is four.
I think you are amazingly strong, Funny Face.  I haven't read this whole thread, only the beginning and this page, so I apologize if I'm completely off track.  Based on your most recent reply, is there any way that you could restructure things for a while?  You say that (roughly) your dh is trying hard, but you are feeling drained by him.  Is there a way that, without too much disruption in the lives of your babes/breastfeeding and care issues, you could work something...
Thanks for the Maestro suggestion, I'll take a look at that.  If there are any other suggestions for ff harnessed seats that would fit my four year old for a bit, I'd love to hear them. Thanks!
My ds (4.5) has been rear facing his whole life so far.  He is currently in a Radian XTSL that we bought specifically to keep him rear facing in our car.  Things are changing, I'm looking for work, and dh and I are likely going to have to do some switching around with picking up and dropping off from preschool.  Dh drives a late model Mazda truck, regular cab.  Are there any reasonable options for a safe way to transport ds in the front seat of that truck from time to...
Just to clarify something a pp said, too...  Andaluz and Alma are freestanding birth centers, zero hospital affiliation.  I had my son at Alma, don't know a thing about Andaluz, but the way the comments were written, it was as though "birth centers" (specifically those two) are just another set of cogs in the hospital machinery.  That may be true where hospital affiliated birth centers, staffed by CNMs are concerned, but is not the case with the freestanding, CPM staffed...