or Connect

Posts by mama2004

I know that my boy is teething, he has six teeth and the others I'm sure are not far behind. And that is mostly behind his biting, but now in addition to being a constantly wiggly bag of elbows (cute elbows, mind you), he has started to nip at me all day long. He'll mush his head into me and BITE repeatedly. I have started to keep my hand flat between his face and my body if he gets too close, and when he puts his mouth on me when we are not nursing, I tell him, "No...
Thanks for the feedback--I'm concerned, too, about the fact that we're still having troubles with the tightening. I haven't worked on this project for a couple of days, since the seat rides around in the car with my husband and we're here at home, mostly. I didn't make any changes to the harness before the install, we just put it in the way it arrived, so I'm thinking that we didn't mess anything up, but I don't know. I think it's time to bring it back inside and spend...
OP here... I've been messing with this seat for a few days now, and can not get it to tighten at all when my ds is in the seat. When I take him out, it's as easy as pie to adjust the harness, but when he is in the seat the harness will not budge. Seriously, not a bit; there is no ratcheting or anything at all, just me pulling on a strap that will not move. Any suggestions?
Hey Katerz2u, thank you so much for the suggestion about the seatbelt install, that was definitely a big part of the problem, and I might have gone on banging my head for a while if you hadn't suggested that. Now on with the ratcheting practice...
Thanks to you too, An Aurora, simulpost. I'm thinking good thought about ratcheting. Never imagined myself using those words together in a sentence.
Thanks, Alegna & Grumpybear. I'm sure a little more patience and a little next pressure next time I try it will improve things, but, sheesh. Alegna, would it be reasonable to think of loosening the harness each time to make it easier to fasten, then tightening it? I'll have a chance to try again tomorrow without the babe, I hope and maybe it won't be so tough...I hope...
So I've been wanting a Britax seat for several months now, since before ds was born, but we ended up with a baby bucket for the first 7 mos. I just received the seat of my dreams, I thought (aforementioned Britax Blvd.). It was even greatly reduced in price, thank you, Amazon. My husband ended up installing it before I had a chance to put my little one in it here in our living room to get it all adjusted, but everything I have read says what a dream they are to adjust...