or Connect

Posts by mama2004

I would tend to agree that compromise is probably the best approach here, as your dh's feelings are just as valid as yours, OP.  One thing, though, that I think is missing from this conversation is the fact that your dh's feelings could be taken as an example of successful marketing.  Disney banks on "creating" memories of their products, and on parents remembering or feeling nostalgia for their childhood experiences and seeking to recreate those memories for their...
I hope you have a great visit!  I'm not much help with planning hikes, etc. (if you go to Multnomah Falls, expect crowds, especially if the weather is nice--there are lots of other less crowded trails/waterfalls along the way in the gorge), but if you'd like to look into some restaurant adventures, you might find portlandfoodanddrink.com and portlandfood.org useful as starting points/reference guides.   Happy trails!
I grew up with a pretty deeply religious (Christian--Free Methodist-ish) family, and my understanding of those term was that they qualified as breaking the commandment about taking the name of the Lord your God in vain.  I remember once when I was about seven, I said, "jeez" to something and was questioned as to where I got it from.  Not punished or anything, but I had the very clear understanding that it wasn't considered acceptable in our house--it is often seen as a...
I had a TB test years ago, when I took a CNA training course.  It was a sort of scratch test, if I remember correctly (or maybe a subcutaneous injection?  I don't really remember).  I am planning to do another similar training soon, and one of the requirements is a TB test.  I just looked at the recommended website for the county health dept., and they refer to the test as a shot.  Can anyone give me some information about how the test is currently administered, and/or...
I know this reply is really late, and I hope that you and your lo are both feeling healthy at this point.  I was about a centimeter away from seeking a domperidone scrip for myself a couple of years ago.  From what I read, a compounding pharmacy can fill an order for it (compound it to order).  I know of two in the Portland area off the top of my head; Lloyd Center Pharmacy, and the Walgreens in North Portland on Lombard.  Whether or not either of those two pharmacies...
Thanks!  When I gave it a stir this morning, a few more bubbles loosened up, so maybe I'm on the right path?  I also double checked the instructions and they advise allowing the grains to rehydrate for 3-4 days, I'm on day three.  I appreciate the suggestion to stick to sugar water until things are a bit livelier, that makes sense to me.
I'd love help, if anyone can chime in.  I ordered some water kefir grains well over a year ago, and they were delivered dehydrated and sealed in an airtight, opaque package.  They have been sitting on my shelf all this time, but now that I've just finished a nasty course of antibiotics I finally felt inspired to get on with some kefir making.   The package had a label on it indicating that the grains ought to be used by March or April of last year, but I thought,...
You can contact your county extension office to see if they have any programs available; they can also usually help calibrate pressure gauges.    Thanks for the reminder of that, velochic.  I'll definitely look into that, and I'd still love any btdt advice from anyone who's willing.  I'm all about following the latest processing times/recipes/not making any of my loved ones sick (my MIL reuses her lids and uses recycled mayonnaise etc. jars; that's a bit too lax for me,...
I just got an All American 921 for Christmas (yee haw!), and I'm very excited to get started with it.  I have read a lot about water bath canning, but never done it myself; my parents canned when I was growing up.  I specifically wanted to start with pressure canning because I make a lot of chicken stock, pasta sauce and cooked beans (black, pinto, etc.) that I would like to have canned, rather than frozen.   I have been casually looking online and in books, and I...
Thank you so much for your reply!  When she came home to us, she actually ended up separated in a small room for nearly two and a half weeks; she had an upper respiratory infection/conjunctivitis that I wanted to be sure was treated thoroughly, and she was pretty skittish.  She went back in that room for another four days or so to start over when things seemed a little too aggressive between her and our other cat.  During that time, she was all good with her box (we have...