or Connect

Posts by mama2004

My husband is under the impression that it is legal to not use a car seat on private property where we live (Oregon).  To me, I don't care if it was legal to have my child climbing all over the car on the interstate, I'm not about to do it.  He is 3.5 and rf in an XTSL 80 bought specifically for the purpose of erf.  There is a disconnect between the two of us on this and similar issues, anyway, but I'm wondering if anyone knows whether it is true that private property...
I  see that you already have an appointment, and I hope everything works out well.  I have been taking my ds to see Dr. Pike since before his second birthday and have been very pleased with the care we've received.  It is an entirely pediatric oriented practice, and Dr. Pike the younger was thrilled (ok, maybe just glad?  He was very supportive) to hear that I've been making my own toothpaste out of coconut oil and baking soda.  I don't think they're inherently holistic,...
Over the past year, I lost two kitties, Oscar and Penny.  They were both 17, Penny died unexpectedly, Oscar died after several months of being ill with what was probably bladder cancer.   Just last month, I was thinking that maybe it would be nice for me and for our remaining kitty if we found a new friend.  I went to the humane society and came home with a lovely little six month old kitten that we named Zora.  The transition hasn't been seamless, in part, I think,...
Just realized, too, that for me, it might be an association with the phrase, "Land of (flowing with) milk and honey," since I come from some rather biblically oriented folks.  Maybe that's just how the phrase is set up in my head from reading eighteenth and nineteenth century literature/exposure to biblical maxims.
Boy, I don't know.  As for regional data, I grew up in Michigan, mostly (about 24 years), and now I live in the PNW.  The only "people" I have available for an informal poll at the moment are cats, so I don't think that's helpful.  It might just be my sense of rhythm/assonance, to have milk first, single syllable, followed by cookies with two syllables.  Dunno.  Brandy sounds nice, though, right about now.
Or, *Had* anyone ever brought him cookies and milk?; *Did* anyone ever bring him cookies and milk?  To my ear, the second choice sounds better, but I"m an incomplete English Major with a less than complete grasp of the whys and wherefores of grammar.  Just a fair to middling sense by ear.   (As a complete aside, and since you mention that English isn't your first language, I'm having a really hard time typing "cookies and milk" in that order, because my brain...
I'm a little out on a limb here, since I can't really tell a participle from a pluperfect; so please forgive me if I'm not being at all helpful.  I think the examples above are fragments missing the verb and could or should (?) read:   *Had* anyone ever brought him (or me) cookies and milk?   or,   *Did (would, could, should)* anyone ever bring him (or me) cookies and milk?   Sorry, I'm not understanding why "him" is in italics--so again, maybe I have no...
That's what I mean, though.  Maybe it's someone's way of saying hang up or unplug or whatever and drive.  (As in I, in this case, the person who's using whatever device, will hit a kid, given that the described locale is between two schools, if not paying attention.) 
Hey, I'm absolutely not commenting on OP's choices, but maybe the folks with the wireless wanted people to see that network name as a sort of reminder about the fact that they're driving a car.  That's the first thing that came to my mind; however, I hardly have my finger on the pulse these days.
Hi all, I lived in Lansing for about 10 years, although not at a time when babies were even on my radar. I just found out that a very good friend of mine who is still in Lansing is expecting her first, and I'm wondering if there are any mama specific pampering sorts of things that I might be able to arrange for her. I think I remember a salon in Okemos, Douglas J or something like that--does anyone know if they might do something like a pregnant lady pedi/massage or...