or Connect

Posts by mama2004

My ds is 3.5, he's been 100% dry in underpants during the day for months now, but is still sometimes wet at night. A few months ago, we were using 7th gen. disposables at night and he was wet every night. He would often wake up in a puddle, and that got old really fast--especially since he was still in our bed. We went to a local cd store to find "night time unders" for him (at that point, he was insisting that he couldn't take his diaper off, even first thing in...
I'm not any help on the blender front*, but there's a link on Huffpo Food to a Cook's Illustrated product comparison on food processors. About a year ago, I received a Cuisinart Classic fp, and I love love love it; it's the first food processor I've ever owned, though, so it's revolutionary in its own right. The two things that I really wish were different about it are the fact that the blade attachment doesn't lock in place, so I have to be careful with liquid...
Thanks so much to everyone who's responded, I really appreciate all the ideas. Now for some new questions; the last time I traveled by plane, I just put anything sharp or squishy or not worth trying to figure out how many ounces it might be in my checked luggage. Does anyone have any idea whether or not I'll be able to bring anything like silly putty or glitter glue in a carry-on for my little one? Someone mentioned safety scissors, would those likely be allowed? Last...
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiMamacita i fly often. in my experience, you are asked to stay seated once they begin the final descent, usually about 15-20 minutes before you are on the ground. likewise after takeoff. Great, that's how I remember it, but after that guy on the flight to Detroit last year, I heard a lot about how it was going to mandated that everyone remain in their seats for the last hour of any flight. Not going to even start...
My ds and I are planning a trip via airplane to visit family. I haven't been on a plane in about five years and never with a child, so I'm wondering about a few things. My primary concern is bathroom related; are they still restricting access/mobility for the last hour of domestic flights? Ds is 3.5 and fully potty capable, although we still use cloth "night time unders," so I'll probably be traveling with some kind of pull up thing--will I need to use something like...
Thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate it. I especially appreciate the voices of experience wrt hauling a Radian around. My biggest concern, though, is that it's been so difficult to get a good install with the Radian in our car, and I'm unsure of what kind of rental or family cars I'll have access to. I don't want to bet on being able to get the Radian in properly (it's an XTSL 80, and the one time we tried the latch install, it came loose over a couple of...
This probably isn't helpful, exactly, but I briefly had our Radian XTSL80 installed with latch, and after about two weeks, I was putting ds into the seat and realized that it had become so loose that I could easily wiggle it around far more than is acceptable or safe. It was ff. I went the next day to have help reinstalling it rf with the seat belt (needed to use the locking clip to get it to install properly that way, and I was unsure of how to do it safely). I'm...
Thanks! I was wondering if the CARES Harness might be not entirely necessary. I certainly don't have room in the budget for a new one, so if it seems the regular lap belt on a plane would be a reasonable choice, I would be glad to make that choice. The travel vest sure looks like a brilliant choice and would make life so much easier, I guess I've just been wondering if it's somehow too good to be true. The crash test info I've seen on it looks good, though, to my...
I'm thinking of possibly taking a trip to visit family in the Midwest (we're in the PNW) with ds, 3.5. Here, he rides rf in a Radian, but I'm not feeling confident about wrangling the seat through the airport, and I'm doubtful about fitting it into a rental or any of the cars belonging to my family. My ds is within the range for the small size Ride Safer Travel Vest (a bit over 35#, not sure how much, exactly, and about 38" tall). I understand that it isn't suitable...
Please do keep us posted! We would love some pox here in the Portland metro area--we being me and my unsuspecting ds, that is.