or Connect

Posts by mama2004

My ds (3 y.o.) had red beets for the first time yesterday, and today his potty was very colorful--both urine and bm. Is there something there that I need to be aware of? I know there have been conversations about beets as a sort of litmus test, but am not sure if those conversations apply to children, or what the general consensus is. I do know that ds has dairy and egg sensitivities, perhaps others, but we haven't been able to sort everything out yet. Question the...
Quote: Originally Posted by crowcaw This isn't going to be articulate or probably helpful, but my previously I-can-do-it-myself-you-don't-even-want-to-think-of-helping-me dd started the same thing right around 3.5. She was suddenly helpless and couldn't walk 5 feet by herself, do any self-care, etc, and made a lot of noise about it. It wasn't just when she was tired (unless she was always tired, which is possible). I don't think I handled it...
Quote: Originally Posted by chickabiddy Mazda5. Hey, not to hijack, but we might be in the market for a larger car when/if we have another baby. Right now we have a Nissan Versa, but could use more space when traveling and easier car seat installs. How is a Mazda 5 with a Radian (or two), rf, with regard to ease of install and front driver/passenger side room? I'm assuming that we'd want to use the middle row seats so we could have the option...
Quote: Originally Posted by spmamma Your situation really resonated with me because I could see myself in it. Perhaps if you had simply said, "Okay honey, I'll come to you and we can put them on together," you would have avoided the tantrum. It's easy enough for you to do, and at the end of the day the battle to have him listen and do as you ask is probably just not worth it. Sorry for the long-winded response... but I wanted to let you know you are...
OP, I am so sorry that you are in this position. I have had to euthanize two beautiful animals in the last six months (Penny, 17 years, and Oscar, also 17--both cats), and I'm crying now, just typing their names. I also have a ds who is 3.5. Penny got sick, and he went with me to the vet the first few times, and we talked about her being sick, but the day she died was very unexpected. DS was home and I told him that Penny was dead, and he saw me crying and asked lots...
I'll try not to ramble too much. My ds has been delightful from the start, he is generally really easygoing and helpful and even tempered; no meltdowns at the grocery store, no steel cage texas death match fits over which cup or plate or any of that. However, over the last couple of weeks, we have been having monumental struggles and I don't know how to work us through them. It comes on fairly randomly, like this evening; we were getting ready for bed, and he'd been...
Quote: Originally Posted by LiLStar Have you ever been to/heard of Segals? Its a baby/kids store in Beaverton. They have CPSTs on staff who are there *nearly* every day, and you can just drop in any time to have your seat installed/checked, for free! http://www.segalsforchildren.com/ Bless you! I have been trying to figure out the name of that place for months! Thanks so much, I'm definitely going to head out there as soon as I can.
I posted a couple of weeks ago about some problems we were having re-installing our Radian rf (center). The thread is here. So we decided that the safest thing to do was to go ahead and turn ds ff on the rear driver's side, using latch to secure the seat. It wasn't my ideal solution, but I thought we had it all worked out. Tonight as I was buckling in ds, I noticed that the seat was really loose, as in, enough slack in the latch belt near the tightening mechanism...
I know that there have been some threads on stuttering, and I guess I'm not feeling troubled about what is going on with ds, but I"m curious and wondering if anyone has input. Ds is really verbal--he's the only three year old I know at the moment, so I don't know what's typical, but typical for him is having been speaking in paragraphs and multi-syllabic words for about year/year and a half now. For about the same length of time, he's had something like a stutter where...
Quote: Originally Posted by DahliaRW I would make sure the LAP portion of the belt is tight, because if it is truly tight enough it won't do that. Also, try the locking clip, you never know. http://www.ehow.com/how_5628716_use-...king-clip.html has instructions. Can you get a more upright install if you use the tricks to do it using latch on the side? If you search on car-seat.org there are tips on doing that. That would be my advice for now if the...