or Connect

Posts by ilovefelix

Check into some raw coconut sugar. The brand we buy is Coconut Secret. It has a GI of 35. It tastes good too! I've tried all the chemical sweetners over the years and this one is actually good!   Another thought is that in my 'Natural Pregnancy Book' she says that cravings for sugar can be a signal that you need more protein.   HTH!!
Awesome. I will definitely ask some of those. There are a few midwives in my area to choose from. I am hoping I will have that feeling of it being a clear choice when I meet them all. My first child was with an OB. I am really looking forward to not going through that again!
I'm Sarah. I'm 29 (almost 30) this is baby #2 for us. There will be about a 4.5 year difference between them. EDD is May 12.   I keep saying I feel more pregnant than I did with ds. Sore boobs, light head, sleepy and emotional.
Oh my gosh. I feel your pain. I've been fighting acne since I was 17. (I'm almost 30 now) I have tried almost everything, short of acutane. I finally found something that has changed my life! Hooray! Calcium benonite clay from www.livingclayco.com--I should say that I am in no way affiliated with this company. I am just a SUPER satisfied customer. My skin is not totally free of blackheads or anything, but it is WORLDS better than what it was. I no longer have huge...
The link isn't working for me. Can someone post it again?
Oh man! So glad to find this! I was wondering when I'd get to join! :(
I want to do everything within my power to make the transition for our 3.75 year old son to being a big brother a comfortable one. I realize there are many things out of my control--but I have the feeling that how I frame telling him about a new little sister or brother on the way might be kind of important. :) I have ordered "Siblings Without Rivalry" but I am not aware of any other books on the subject. I also got "Baby On the Way" by the Sears'.   I guess I should...
I followed the mainstream advice on what I could and couldn't eat during pregnancy last time. That was before I learned about Weston Price and Nourishing Traditions etc. Now I'm pregnant and have the feeling that if these foods are good for me when I'm not pregnant--they're good for me pregnant. I guess I would like to hear the rationale on why consuming these foods is safe for my wee little babe.   Oh and maybe I should add that I grow my own sprouts and brew my own...
Hi everyone!   I've been perusing the archives, but haven't turned up as much as I would like. I would love to hear anyone's recs for midwifes in the East Texas area. I live in Shreveport--but of course will drive as far as Tyler if need be. Please share your experiences! Message me privately if necessary.   Thanks in advance!
I run a Frontier natural & organic products co-op in the Shreveport Bossier city area. If you are in the area and would like to join (it's free!) please go to the link and sign up!   Frontier sells spices, baking flavors and ingredients, essential oils & tons of other brands like...   Burt's Bees Jason EFP Ecos Maggie's Functional Organics Dr. Bronner's Seventh Generation   and tons more!     http://www.bigtent.com/groups/sbfrontier