or Connect

Posts by ilovefelix

So we are most likely making a move to Shreveport at the end of May. We live in Austin now and love it. There is a pretty huge attachment parenting community in Austin and I'm hoping to make some new mama friends in Shreveport! I looked around for some sort of Yahoo AP group in Shreveport, but had no luck. Is there one out there I'm missing? So, if you're in Shreveport, please send me a message or something so we can chat!
Quote: Originally Posted by Breeder Sorry, but I DO think following Babywise makes you a bad parent. I am ALL for different types of parents. My favorite quote in the world is, "There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one." (Jill Churchill) But those methods cross the line in a major way. I really hope that your SIL realizes that Ezzo is harmful before your poor little nephew is hurt. ETA: this is not about...
Quote: Originally Posted by TwinsTwicePlusTwo I don't hold my babies all that much, and I don't necessarily bond with them right away. I guess by the OP's standards this makes me a bad mother or mentally disturbed?? I admit, I'm not really a 'baby person'. I love kids, but not so much infants. That's just how I am, and I'm not going to apologize for it. As long as the baby is being cared for and not being left to scream and cry, I can't see what the...
Quote: Originally Posted by felix23 With my first I left her for the weekend a couple weeks after she got out of the NICU. Did I miss her, yes, but I was sooo happy to be baby free for a while. With dd2 I sent her to the nursery every single night during my hospital stay. They brought her too me when she needed to be fed, but I wanted to sleep, and I knew that they were taking good care of her. During the day I would hold, nurse, and sleep with...
Quote: Originally Posted by TwinsTwicePlusTwo I don't hold my babies all that much, and I don't necessarily bond with them right away. I guess by the OP's standards this makes me a bad mother or mentally disturbed?? I admit, I'm not really a 'baby person'. I love kids, but not so much infants. That's just how I am, and I'm not going to apologize for it. As long as the baby is being cared for and not being left to scream and cry, I can't see what the...
Quote: Originally Posted by TinkerBelle I am not trying to come down on you. I have inlaw issues too and totally get where you are coming from. She does sound rather selfish and like a bit of a pill too. I would have told her to get out, if I were your dad, at the birth of your child. That was totally wrong of her. But you know, not everyone is AP. Not everyone is cuddly and kissy with their babies from the get-go. After their births, all I wanted to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennifer3141 This is your SIL, right? Well, what does your brother think? Surely he knows his wife pretty well. What does he think is going on with her? It's my dh's brother's wife.
Quote: Originally Posted by Adsullata I doubt the OP is calling her SIL selfish to her face and then trying to sell AP to her. I think she came here to vent so she could continue to be nice IRL. That's what I did in an earlier thread I posted here. Relationships w/ in-laws can be very challenging. It is after all family and you have to hang w/ them sometimes. OP, I agree with the pp's who said that some people just don't bond w/ their babies right...
Quote: Originally Posted by pauletoy That would be me. Just to clarify: This is the comment I was referring to in my first response. It is obvious you and your SIL have had issues prior to the birth of her child. I hope she isn't aware of what you are saying about her. My point is that if you want to help your SIL and introduce her to AP, you would be better received by showing her a little compassion. I would never accept parenting advice from...
Quote: Originally Posted by St. Margaret I would decide if I could handle hearing much about this situation-- if I had regularly been in contact with these people before, and would be around them much, that would probably make me want to perservere-- and assuming I could, I would kill her with kindness and support. Just keep being there for her. If you live far away, try calls and online. Let her know that you are someone she can opening talk with...