or Connect

Posts by ilovefelix

Don't forget to check Craigslist! You might get at great deal on one!
Mary Barnett has TONS of experience & is professional.
Thanks guys. We'll put some advice to the test!
Our 1 year old son is biting my husband repeatedly at bedtime. He has bit me off and on when nursing since about 3 1/2 months. I tried different things and never have been able to get him to stop. After the bedtime routine my husband puts on his sleep music and starts to rock him. Tonight he bit my husband FIVE times on the shoulder, collar bone & chest! My husband has red and purple bite marks. Ouch!! When he bites we tell him a firm "No. That hurts mommy/daddy" Then he...
My 1 year old son woke up with a cough yesterday morning. You can hear the congestion. I took him to the health car practitioner yesterday and she didn't seem too concerned. He was pretty much normal yesterday other than occasional coughing. This morning he woke up with a fever of 100. We were able to comfort him & get him back to sleep eventually. Then his fever went away. Poor little guy's chest is still a full of junk. I was wondering what I can to to help him. What...
I'm sorry I can't be of more help - I only have a 10 month old so far. But I just wanted to say DON'T FEEL BAD. It doesn't "sound terrible" I think you know what you need to do to be the best parent possible. Good luck! I hope you get some helpful advice!
I am currently using/reading the NCCS. I'm not sure if it will fix all our problems-BUT it has helped. I got my copy at Half Price Books. Personally I think anything is worth the $$$ that might help us get a little more sleep! From reading these posts I think I'm going to get the Dr. Sears book as well. Good luck to you!
Thanks to all of you! Sometimes I guess you just need to be reassured. I start getting concerned every time I read anything about sleeping in the baby books I've got. "Touchpoints", "What To Expect the First Year". I realize a lot of it is not our parenting style, but there is some good info. But then, I read certain things and second guess myself. What are some good attachment parenting books?? How about good child development books? THANK GOD FOR MOTHERING.COM AND ALL...
My son is almost 8 months old. We have been cosleeping or bedsharing since he was born. For the last few months we have been putting him to sleep and then putting him in his crib. (Usually around 8:30-9) He does usually wake up in his crib and my husband puts him back to sleep a couple of times (sometimes many more). Then we bring him to bed with us around midnight & I nurse him back to sleep. Then throughout the night he wakes up or starts getting restless, I give him the...