or Connect

Posts by liqzierda

We do child-led weaning in our house. My daughter was done between age six and seven. My son is almost seven now and he only nurses at night and not every night, so we are getting there. He still has not lost one tooth yet, though -- I keep expecting him to lose the ability to latch, but not yet. I'm confident it will be soon, though. Both of my children have serious autoimmune issues. My daughter has a very severe autoimmune disease and was and is intolerant to...
BTW, my daughter's worst IgG allergy is to beef. DTaP has bovine serum in it. She got that at three months. Many vaccines contain food proteins. Just that should give one pause, given that even scratch testing can create food antigens in a never exposed child.
One child, fully vaxed to age 4 except chicken pox vaccine. IgE allergies to peanuts and treenuts. IgG allergies to most common foods with life-threatening eosinophilic esophagitis. She is nine.   Second child, only five vaxes total, six years old now. EBF for almost two years. No food allergies at all.
We're waiting right now to see if my kids will get chicken pox from kids who got it from someone who got it by being vaccinated. I think the vaccine is probably one of the least effective ones.  My older child can't have it because she's very allergic to beef and it's made with gelatin.
Hang out with enough moms of vaccine injured kids and you won't feel apologetic more. Instead, you'll be livid. I hope for your sake you never end up in that club that now has thousands of moms on Facebook in it. You can lose everything that made your life worth living -- your child's heath, his future, his actual physical life, every dime you've ever earned, your marriage, your career, your sanity, all of your friends, your physical health and well-being, your home,...
  Accepting that the diagnostic technology to identify the dysfunction of specific factors is new,  the incidence of mitochondrial disease and dysfunction is rising dramatically. It is not simply better diagnosis. We're talking about catastrophic conditions that most pediatricians would never see one child with in a lifetime of practice. Most neurologists who have been in practice for decades have never seen one case. That is changing. My daughter's illness, too, is one...
  The incidence of mitochondrial disease in America is increasing dramatically and there is no such thing as a genetic epidemic. It's yet another disease that was practically unknown thirty years ago that the incidence has grown dramatically. My daughter's illness also was virtually unknown before 2000.   Maybe if a child with a pretendency to mito was never exposed to the triggers, they would never develop the illness. There is mitochondrial disease and mitochondrial...
My first child was fully vaccinated up to age 4, except for the chicken pox vaccine. She has a terrible autoimmune disease which has completely devastated our lives. It's called eosinophilic esophagitis. Most children with it can eat no food at all and have to live on elemental formula via G-tube, potentially for life.  My daughter has a few foods she can eat but every bite is a battle against this disease. It causes extreme pain and an inability to sleep. My daughter...
My kid is six years old and still nurses to sleep at night. I also think, "Is this kid ever going to wean?" I have really mixed feelings about it. I am so over nursing, since I've been doing it nine years straight, but my DS has developmental, neurological and immunological issues. Breastfeeding is probably the only reason he can actually talk and is recovering so well. His sister was only nursing very occasionally at this point and he is every night like clockwork.  So...
Well, at least I can see that I'm not alone. My DD loves drawing on paper, cutting up paper and making her own projects with it and scattering it all over. It's so extreme that I just end up throwing things out. She doesn't seem to notice.