or Connect

Posts by Lady In Red

Quote: Originally Posted by Jug Hey, i just asked for opinions and help, not some of you jumping on the poor guy No i mean it you dont have to call him a tool and stuf, and i find this rude: Sorry i know i came here for help but just that i think its mean and insulting, seriously: I just read through most of this thread and I agree with you, some of the posters are out of line here. You just asked for advice and many took it as an...
Nothing is more sexy to a woman than a man who can cook...
How old are you? 35, going on 36 How old were you when you started having kids? 27, going on 28 How old are your kids now? Almost 8, 4 and almost 3 How old are your friends?Between 30 and 40
I agree with the previous posters, you really don't need to elaborate on the issue, just state that "hitting is not an option". However, if you feel you have to go into why you don't want them or anyone else to hit your child, I would stress the psychological part of it, the fact that it's not the physical pain that's most damaging, but the humiliation (since they're likely to underline that they don't use a lot of physical force). Good luck to you, mama!
Quote: Originally Posted by GuildJenn Then every so often (now, when we see them) we have a fancy meal. The kids get dressed up (sometimes 'dressup') and we have multiple course meals that sometimes are actually fancy food and sometimes are really not fancy food at all, just served in a fancy way. During those meals we explained (in fake British accents) how to use all the silverware, what to do with one's serviette (napkin), etc. etc. I think we had...
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Maybe the book will affect them and maybe not, but there was no damage done and I'm enjoying my first experience as a Busybody In-Law. Good for you! It's a good thing that there are people out there who try to make the world a better place! Let's hope your book can make a difference in the way they treat their child!
OMG, I'm so sorry you had to go through this! That was really a night from hell! You really have identifed the reasons of your problem yourself: the excessive socializing in connection with the holidays and your family visiting. Your DC and yourself were literally exhausted! IMO, you did everything that you could when preparing the children for bed. However, it is a bit optimistic to believe that you make your DC go back to their daily routine after the holidays in...
IMO, your nephew's behaviour is very age appropriate. That said, I think you handled the situation well when you talked to him about his trying to grab the toy from your DD. Many parents have a tendency to talk to their DC from across the room, and when the message doesn't get across to the child in question they just let it go instead of getting off their butts and intervene. It's incredibly annoying when you're the mother of the child who gets his toy snatched og...
Quote: Originally Posted by lab Swear to god, my aunt gave my 14 year old BOY a f**kin' pop up book. [/COLOR][/SIZE] Seriously, I can't even be nice about it..... Sorry, I just couldn't help myself! This was just too funny! We didn't get that many hopeless presents this year. I had to return some of the clothes the children got, though, since my MIL never understood the concept of SIZE...She will just hold the garment up in front of her...
Quote: Originally Posted by rabbitmum Hello! I'm from Norway too! And I don't have a clue about the abbreviations! Hei! Er du på noen av de norske foraene? : (eller hva det heter i flertall? )