or Connect

Posts by Savoir Faire

I have a friend here who plans by the week. She has 3 kids of very different ages. She says that she does that week's plans and whatever doesn't get done gets tacked on to the next week.   (Her kids? Brilliant?)   Dollar spot again....also try a teacher supply store. They usually have nice ones for less than $10 or so. (Speaking of that...I think I should go and get one. Again.)
The site doesn't seem to work!!!
Great! Thanks...we saw one episode of Liberty's Kids via Netflix and my daughter said she loved it.But, this child is so in love with TV that she'd happily watch 2 hours of a SHAMWOW! commercial without complaining.
Well...now that you know you have a problem, fix it.   It takes a long time to make something a habit and you're in the habit of not picking up/cleaning. It is a very hard one to break.   Start with the habit of ONE thing. Me? The kitchen/sink was the habit I started with. If the dishwasher is full, unload it. Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink or on the counter.   Give your kids something to do when you're going to clean. In my house, they play. TV is not...
Okay. I'm finally doing this. I just can't read another chapter of Story of the World. No, really. I've tried. I can't do it right now.   My daughter (age 7) seems to enjoy listening, but we never do it because I don't know. I'm not into it right now.   I've decided to do something that I find totally exciting and that is colonial times and the American Revolution. I'm looking up books online, trying just to figure out which ones I want (accurate historical...
Nothing. Mine are 5 and 7 and I really do not want them seeing the images of the planes. I know it'll happen one day, but for now, they are little with big imaginations and they often do fly on planes.   They know that something happened before they were born and that planes went into buildings, but that's it. I'm sure I'll personally feel a bit sad that day-- remembering back 10 years (how has it been so long?) and to those families, but for them...it will just be...
Hello! First...the first year is, in my opinion, a bit of a learning curve. Going prepackaged, in my opinion, can make that curve a little bit easier.   My kids are 5.5 (boy) and just turned 7 (girl). We DO NOT spend that long doing "school." I do know people who do that, but they are the "school at home" crowd...which differs from "home school." (Example: It is 9:15am and my kids are outside playing in the rain. As we live in the desert...well...it's a pretty big...
Haha...don't worry....I'd swear it seems that half of the husbands on here were wary at first.   Read...read....read.... that's what I did!!!
Hey all! Right now...we're looking forward to our future. (Better than the past, eh?) We're currently renting and if we decide to buy again (we've owned two houses before in two other states), we want to do it RIGHT.   We're looking at a variety of housing options right now...our current plan is to find a much cheaper rental when our lease is up in Feb. (Thinking of going from $1150 to $800/month.) We'd eventually like to buy land and build a smaller (1200 sq foot)...
What do you have to work with?? Closet? One shelf? A backpack hanging from a fan?