or Connect

Posts by AaronsMommy

Have you tried Natural by Nature in PA?  Here is their web-site.  They do supplement the cows with grain in the winter, but I'm pretty sure they don't use corn.  They are very open about their practices so you can call or e-mail them questions.  They are not raw, but organic.   http://www.natural-by-nature.com/faq.htm  
I have lots of friends that have had wonderful experiences at TBC.  I went there for the first 32 weeks of my pregnancy, decided it wasn't the place for me and then transferred to a homebirth midwife.  You are welcome to e-mail me if you would like more details on why I left.  
Hi everyone, does anyone know a mercury-free dentist in the Cecil County, MD or Newark, DE?  Ideally I would like a holistic dentist but the closest one I found was over an hour away.  I really need to get a cavity-filled so I'll settle for someone that is Mercury-free nearby.     Thanks :) 
  Hi everyone,    I wanted to share with you a great free opportunity to have your babies (preferably 6 weeks, but under 3 months) receive craniosacral/myofascial therapy during a workshop that will be held on Saturday, April 30th at the Midwives Alliance of N America Regional Conference at Camp Tockwogh, in Worton MD.   The Conference website is  www.midatlanticmidwives.com and there is a brief description of the workshop on the program page.  There will be...
Hi everyone, I desperately need help in how to deal with my 3.5 year old's behavior.  We have always used gentle discipline since he was born.  But recently, he has been incredibly rude and defiant to both of us, but especially me.  We try to allow him as much control and choices as possible, but whenever we ask him not to do something or direct him away from something that is dangerous or he has been asked not to do, he gets EXTREMELY mad and aggressive.  He has also...
Hi everyone, we are 34months pregnant and have decided who we would like to serve as Godparents. This role is REALLY important to us and we were just looking for ideas of a way to approach these special people and create a nice memory. What did you do? Any ideas?
Hi everyone, I am 32 weeks pregnant and need to switch from my current birth center to a homebirth and am looking for a midwife. I live in Elkton, MD so anyone in Harford County or Cecil County MD or New Castle County, DE or some parts of PA (kennet square, west chester, hockessin, etc.) would be within 45 minutes of me. I look forward to your recommendations and am very anxious to start interviewing and preparing for a homebirth. Thanks
OP here - thanks for all your support ladies, it truly helps! I have decided to hold off interviewing midwives for 2 weeks while I keep a food log and check my glucose 4x's per day. I really don't believe in GD, per se, and I don't think there is anything about my health or the health of the baby to worry about. So, if the numbers make everybody happy, I would still deliver at the birth center (I am at the Birth Center in Wilmington, DE - I live in Northern MD.) Next...
Hi everyone, I am 30+ weeks pregnant and may have to give up my dream of a birth center birth and find a homebirth midwife. I recently failed the 3hr GTT and even though I am a slim, healthy 32 year old whose weight gain has been perfect and the baby is measuring perfect and I exercise everyday and eat a whole foods, homemade organic diet - the birth center will not allow me to deliver there unless I stick myself four times a day for 2 weeks and pass their criteria (i.e....
Hi ladies, OP here - thank so much for your responses. I did request the "breakfast test" and was told that all 4 midwives in the practice had to be comfortable with this option before I could proceed. They met on my case today and decided that they were not comfortable with it and I had to go through with the 3hr test. Ugh - now I know even more things to ask and be aware of before I choose where to have my baby. I feel like I'll need to have 6 kids before I figure it...