or Connect

Posts by mocha09

So sorry that she "sprung this on you" while you were thinking about calling it off. How could she do this to you??? Food and diapers and other "resources" are not child support. What the other posters said in regards to that. I don't think I have anything positive to say to you, so I'll stop here.
What's really neat about this post is that it sounds like these ideas are affecting your relationship with yourself. I never heard anyone approach it like that before, and it's awesome. Off topic, but not really, kind of related to your school experience: I recently went through a program for working with EBD kids that was strictly behavioral. I took 2 years worth of courses on token economies, level systems, etc. etc. etc. All of the faculty in my program are...
Quote: I don't like to see unjustice and I seriously dislike gossip. It seemed like the original thread in Q&A was a little loaded and had some underlying issues involved as well. The first few posts on this thread in single parents included things like "of course it's been pulled" which led me to think there's discontent about more than this specific topic. Thanks for that. I see where you're coming from now. I didn't read any thread besides this...
I happen to be just as (if not more) disgusted with other media outlets. I expect more from Mothering, and I'm sad when they use bad science. And I have stopped reading Mothering, since their articles are mostly no longer relevant to my life as a parent of a toddler. I do agree with you that it's good that Mothering is taking a positive stance towards stay-at-home parenting. I agree that it's *usually* in the best interest of children to have an attached parent at...
This totally varies by the area in which you live. $8-10 might actually be the going rate near you. In seattle, dacyare for a toddler is $1000/month. Babysitters will run you $10-$15/hour. Compare this to the $100/week someone quoted. Big difference!!! (yeah, maybe I should move to Detroit, huh?)
L.J., you have some valid points. I do believe, however, that Mothering and Peggy O take this too far, and I have a lot of objections to it. I don't have any objection at all with stating that it's best for a baby and toddler to remain with their primary caregiver/parent. But Mothering doesn't stop there. They often site studies which show the damage done to babies who are not with their primary caregiver as evidence that it's important for a parent to stay home. ...
Wow, Seasons, I specially checked in to MDC (one of my rare occassions) to see if you had gotten the job. I am so happy for you! Hooray! When's the party? Dar, I also commented on your blog...I'm so sorry about your cat. GM, congrats! Soul-o, I'm glad I'm getting to connect with you a little bit more through xanga. I miss everyone here. I should come here more often. Update with me: I'm graduating in JUNE! I can't believe it. My life as a mama and...
In getting medicaid in my state, grants count as income, but loans do not. like guerillamama said, it varies from state to state. Congratulations! I think being a student is idea for a single mama with a small kid. I'm going to graduate in June, but I've been loving it since dd was born. Moments of crisis, yes, there were many. Sleep deprivation? You bet. But I was able to stay home with dd with the exception of my internships. My #1 advice is to budget your...
Um, is anyone here actually surprised at the poll results?
Well, I got alerted to this thread through soul-o's blog. First, I think I agree that this is both a personal *and* a feminist issue. For the presonal part, Seasons, when I was at your place this weekend and was hanging out with your bf in the corner of the yard, you were on the deck, and he drew everyone's attention to you to point out your digital camera belt...saying he got your old one stolen, and you wear the new one all the time...talking about your love of...