or Connect

Posts by mocha09

I haven't celebrated MD yet. I'm actually not big into holidays, but then find myself depressed sometimes that I never celebrate anything. Go figure. I'll probably send a card and do something for my mom, but I'm not sure for us. This is going to sound really corny and stupid, but I honestly feel like every day is Mother's Day for me. (Well, with the exception of those certain really crappy days.) Seasons, good to see you tonight. Thanks for the party and we had a...
Congratulations! I read about the creepy lawyer a while back. I'm glad you canned him. I can't say anything better than Apricot, who definitely deserves an award for that one.
I wish I could say something more than...well, they freak out sometimes. I can't imagine doing anything different, with the exception of changing into rags as soon as you get home.
Do you have the option of going back to outdoor-only or public places (no smoking public places, of course) visits?
(um, anyone remember me? : ) It's been a while since I've posted. I've been busy with school, and now I have a break between trimesters. June and I'm done! I have a lot of potential job offers, now it's a matter of getting all my paperwork done (letters of recommendation, application forms, blah blah blah) Dd is potty trained! I potty trained her as a part of a project for my ABA class. Probably borderline ethical, but I'm really glad I did it. How's...
I agree with Woobysmama. The important thing to consider here is getting an assessment that is as accurate as possible. For this to happen, it's very important that the child feel relaxed and comfortable. I'd consider if his presense would alter your ds's performance on any assessments and lower the reliability of the results. As far as the relationship/legal issues, i don't know. But I think in this case more important than his rights, or your rights, are providing...
I go to UW. I don't know where you're going, but if you qualify for financial aid, you qualify for their childcare assistance program, which paid me $460/month for daycare, and I was left to pay the rest. Still not enough, I know...but something. You don't need good credit to get student loans. If you qualify, you get them. If you are an undergrad, also check out the Seattle Milk Fund. Do you know what daycare you are going to use? I know of some good ones with...
I'm glad to hear from you again. I'm happy that things are looking up, and I hope that you're all able to face the challenges you still have with as much strength as you have available. Please keep posting if you wish...we will keep listening.
It's so nice to read updates on everybody. I haven't been around much...very busy. Things with me have pretty much sucked lately on a lot of fronts. As most of you know, dd's father started staying with us again a few months ago, and it has been touch-and-go. He recently went on a huge binge, the highlights of which were my taking dd to the ER one night while he was no where to be found (after stepping out for a "short walk" about 6 hours earlier), only to come home...
What is curly girl? I want to find it!