or Connect

Posts by mocha09

Oh, Tabitha. I am so glad it's over. (It took you long enough to update us! I was checking back here constantly yesterday!) I would hope that your boss would realize that you were, uh, IN COURT for 3 days, and give you a break.
Check out these "Future Feminist" t-shirts: http://www.nwsa.org/sales/merchandise.html (I also tend to avoid turning my dd into a walking billboard, but I have to admit, I really, really like this shirt, and would dress dd in it, if we owned one.) Here is a great site about feminism and children's literature: http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/~kvande...ist/index.html A list from K. V. on picture books with female voices:...
Making you wait one day was bad....but two?! Ack! Terrible! Maybe at least the judge is putting one strick against your stbx arleady with the late attorney thing... When this is over, please PARTY with us on your party thread!
I used to watch TV up until my daughter was born, and while she was a young infant. (never had cable though....used rabbit ears!) When she got a little older, I made the decision to get rid of the TV. I think, I *used* to watch TV as often as I did because I didn't really have anything else to do, not because I found TV particularly interesting. After dd was born, I was far too busy too watch TV. I also don't want my dd to watch TV. Especially commercials. ...
As I start this thread, you are in court. No matter what happens, and no matter how it goes, victories or disappointments, congratulations, dear strong woman, on being FREE. Congratulations! Much much love, Michelle
Oh, that would just about make me crazy! I am going to be glued to the board tomorrow waiting to see how it goes. Much love to you. You deserve the best possible outcome.
Hooray! I'm glad that you will be having a special Christmas with your kids.
It sounds like you were very scared and upset for your dd by the recent incident. I think it depends on the degree of the behavior. If a child is having a particularly hard time being around people on a certain day/week/month, perhaps it will save your child and others a lot of frustration by staying in. In the long run, however, I do believe it's important to provide the opportunities for interaction so we can teach our kids how to interact with each other...
I pushed for 3 hours with my daughter, and her head was stuck on my pelvis. She was positioned posterior, as well, so this probably had more to do with it than the size of her head. I know that she was stuck because she came out (via c/s) with an enormous bruise where she was stuck against my pelvis bone, and screamed in pain whenever I touched her head for about the first week. I tried squatting, all fours, and side-lying pushing. She wouldn't come out in any of...
As a single student mama, I think that being a student is actually an ideal situation for a single mama when kids are young. Usually you have only to go to classes, which means kids don't have to go to daycare. Yes, subsisting on student loans sucks big time, and we've racked up an incredible amount of debt...but I would still have those same loans if I wasn't a mama. There are, like was already said, a lot of grants and special loans for mamas and single...