or Connect

Posts by alindsay46

What were your signs that he had vestibular and proprioceptive processing problems? 
  What made you try fish oil?  I think I started looking here first, mostly because I was sure it was just my co-sleeping that set it up. I think hearing you all NOT say that it was, has let me actually look at other areas.    I will def talk to the doc about it soon and I'm watching out for any other things that might pop. 
I have a gifted 14 month old (I'm a pediatric nurse and have discussed with her doctor multiple times, right now, she is beyond all 24 month milestones). I practice attachment parenting in that she sleeps with me when she chooses (she has a toddler bed and likes to sleep in it), baby led weaning and I was lucky enough to only put in her daycare while I'm in classes a few times a week.   Our issue is with her sleep and I'm not sure of the cause. At 6 months, she was...
Per their website, Inspired by Finn will send you a working discount code if you post their name, link , and why you are trying their product (teething, of course) and send them a link. I will be ordering mine to try as soon as I get my coupon!   
Heather Lyn - I don't have much to say that will be helpful, but I will say I was right here for a bit, too. (Arthritis in my back + back labor, etc)  I remember thinking that there was no way I could handle this anymore and that something had to give, and I didn't care if it was me. It was almost easier to think that way then know I had to "give in" and head to the hospital. You have all this information in your head, but there is no way to access it while you are going...
    yeah - 20 lbs. I weighed her a week ago - she actually lost a pound when she was throwing up last week, but I wasn't worried for some reason. I might be behind on her height, tho. Her pedi walked in at her 4 month and said "your daughter is huge! Healthy and THRIVING, and huge!"  He also said, "see this growth chart?  Most babies follow this curve. Yours has a straight line. I expect her to be the average size of a 1 yr old at her 6 month appt." (To which I said "Am...
My niece ate one of the little christmas tree lights - chewed the thing up and swallowed it, while drooling blood and flakes of purple glass. No hard done, apparently. 
I didn't get a moses basket, but picked up a used bassinet like this one (http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Carry-Me-Near-5-in-1-Bassinet/8056730?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=8056730).  It has been wonderful!!   You can take off the bassinet and you have a changing table. I used it in the beginning when she would pee so much the second I took off the diaper, because it fit in my room without a problem and I didn't risk having to deal...
oh - love talking about my baby!!  And seeing how all of your's are doing!  So cute!!     My little Indigo is just now 6 months old. She is sitting unassisted, pulling herself up occasionally, she will probably skip traditional crawling so she can walk sooner. She demanded food at 4 months, loves to gum toddle cookies, apples and pears the best. I've actually started putting food on the spoon and handing it to her - she gets it right in her mouth.  We are pretty sure...
My little one got exposed almost a week ago, so i should know soon. Anyone still looking? Sherman, North Dallas?