or Connect

Posts by beru

Quote: Originally Posted by wannaBmom_NICU_RN The NICU's I've worked don't push Circ...its a simple "do you want him circ'd?" then yes or no it doesn't matter. So don't be too stressed! If someone asked me that exact question in the NICU, I would consider it "pushy". Honestly, it truly disturbs me that a unit that's specialty is such sick, disabled babies would even entertain unnecessary surgery. Parents should be told that it is...
Quote: Originally Posted by lily88 So, yesterday at ds's 9 month visit, our doctor, who has been until this point very good on all the issues and is (I thought) intact-friendly, gently pulled back ds's foreskin before I could say anything. I was shocked and said "I thought you weren't supposed to retract it" and she replied that she wasn't retracting, which was forceful, but pulling his foreskin back gently. I was troubled by this and emailed her later...
My son is slim and 44 lbs so he will fit in a smaller booster. It should be light. I have one that folds and/or comes apart in two pieces and if he tries to carry it in one piece, it falls apart. And in two pieces he can't handle it. He needs to carry the booster once per week, on Friday afternoons, from one end of the school to the pick up circle on the other end. TIA
My son was trying out a new after school program. He would have to be transported in their van. I met the van after school with him in order to see the set up and show him where to go next time. In the future, I was expecting my son to bring his own booster (low back part). When the van arrived, I realized we can't do that because there are no head rests. I want him to have both parts of his high-back booster but he can't carry and handle it himself. The director told...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2Kayla Yes to all of this. My ds just went thru potty training, so I've been watching him pee quite a bit lately . His foresking actually opens up to expel the urine. When he is done it is back to its normal self where you really can't see an opening. I have no idea how much my son retracts yet as I have never seen him pull it back before, but it can't be very much. This. I never knew about this sphincter...
I have a Scenera I bought as a travel/in-law seat. However, I switched my daughter from her FPSVD (just like a Britax Marathon) to the Scenera full time. I think it is a great seat! It was hard to install rearfacing but I rarely do that. For some reason, maybe it is how it fits in my car, it is more comfortable for my daughter. It's the dimensions of the seat not the padding (lack of) that make the difference. It is like sitting on plain plastic so I am sure there are...
When I started this thread, I was doubting myself but you have all made me realize it doesn’t matter that I am unusual. Thanks for that. I am secure in my stance now. I work with a lot of educated, involved, vigilant parents with young children who just “don’t think about it”. I really think for people like them, the laws are a detriment. If there were no carseat laws, they would research and then they would learn about extended rear facing, etc. As it is, they think...
This probably isn't the place to post this because the people reading this forum probably do put more thought into these issues than other parents... I am researching daycare/camp options for my school-aged son for the summer. Half the programs I look at have either weekly field trips or daily excursions (not walking distance). Nowhere in the informational and registration information are transportation details given. I find this so frustrating. I have to call and...
I definitely won’t put anyone in the front. Thanks. I am in Iowa.* Until recently, it was legal for a 4 year old to ride without any safety seat. Although it’s illegal for 5 year olds to ride without a booster. I know for a fact that some of the 5 year olds in my son’s class do not use them. Also, some of the 6 year olds don’t use boosters and that is legal here. I have an ulterior motive in helping out with the driving. One, I don’t trust anyone else to drive my son...
I am hoping to help out my son's kindergarten class by driving on a field trip. I have a radian my son still fits in, a high back booster and a low back booster and I think I am pretty sure I can fit two of his classmates and him in the backseat in those. (It's a 2003 Toyota Corrolla.) Can I fit an extra kid in the front seat? He would have his own booster. I don't know if it is high back or low back. It is not against the law here but my car does have an airbag. My...