or Connect

Posts by ~NewMa~

Thing1Thing2 I got the book you suggested. We love it and I think it will really help him out. Thanks for the suggestion. I noticed that the author wrote the book for her son who has Aspergers.  I couldn't help but wonder if your son has autism or some sort of SPD.  How did you come across the book? Some days are so wonderful for us and I think "there is absolutely no way this kid has a problem." and other days....I think "maybe we should have him...
Hi  thanks for the response and the suggested resource. I truly don't believe my son has Sensory Processing Disorder. I read over some information about it after reading your post and he doesn't seem to fit any of the criteria.  I think he's just trying to make friends and doesn't understand that not everyone is so friendly and forward.  I guess when he starts school in the fall he'll work it out? I just feel bad for him because I don't want him to feel...
Looking for gentle and effective ways to encourage my soon to be 4 year old son to respect peoples personal space. He is very forward and friendly but does not understand that not everyone wants him up in their space. Just yesterday at the library he was grabbing other kids shirts with the puppets and grabbing at books in other kids hands to see what they were planning to read. He practically climbed right into the lap of another mother reading her kids a book. I am...
sheesh, lady. I could have written this post myself!!! Except for the sitter part- this is my life!!! I wonder if everything is ok too. I fear mine has some sort of behavioral or emotional problem. He seems whiny, manipulative, defiant, disruptive, explosive, volatile... I hate using such words to describe my boy, my wonderful boy! There's so much goodness in him but it's hard to focus on that when it seems like we're having constant little battles throughout the...
BTW, he'll be 4 in April ;)
Do any of you use them?  Are they working for you? What do you do as a "reward" when the chart is filled? I can't think of many rewards....extra book at bedtime? ummmmmm.. I don't wanna use food rewards. I don't really wanna buy any new junk. He already gets LOTS of mom and dad time.  I need some sort of incentive to get him involved in the daily chores.  ANy ideas???
glad to see this here! I'm going through something similar with my almost 4 yo boy. except....he likes to touch his bum :/ It started when he was "pretending to be a mommy chicken". He found a firm ball and sat on it. I've since thrown the ball away... He must know it's a private thing because every time I caught him with it he was hiding and seemed embarrassed. I asked him why he was doing it and he said he didn't know and seemed embarrassed. I asked him if...
I love you, dear boy, but these fits have GOT to STOP!!! YOu will be 4 soon and you have been talking for quite some time now so use your words and try really hard NOT to be reduced to tears and make that horribly obnoxious growling/whining/crying sound you make!!! It's taking all my strength and self control to be gentle with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, help me out a little!!!!! You're sister does EVERYTHING you do!!! EVERYTHING! Please, I know...
thank you for the links! He has been doing diluted cranberry and I've been "forcing fluids" for him (reminder after reminder to drink- he just doesn't do it himself for some reason.) He's also on probiotics as well. I assume his system is off as well but he's a picky eater and I just don't have any idea where to begin when it comes to diet change. I feel that we eat healthy. We have our own chickens for the eggs, we raise our own turkeys for the holiday meals. We use a...
So it is a UTI.  He started complaining of the burning frequently, even when just drinking a cup of water and was afraid to go to the bathroom. I could tell he was in pain. This was intense burning. He was crying and shaking when he'd pee :( We went to see the doc. She tested the urine in the office and remarked "Whoa! There's a lot of bacteria in here".  She's still sending to the lab (not sure for what), but he was started on an antibiotic. I also bought him...