or Connect

Posts by ~NewMa~

I'm right here with you! s: I'm visiting this site tonight for help with gentle disipline after losing my temper multiple times today I have a 15 month old and a new baby due January. I'm still very early in this pregnancy but am already dreading the addition of a new baby and I feel awful about that! Sometimes whatever I try just doesn't seem to work!!! He totally disreguards the word NO and now he's at a stage where even redirection isn't cutting it because he...
We already have a boy named Gordon Levi and we just call him Levi to avoid confusion since DH, grandpop and great grandpop are all Gordons too. If the new baby is a boy we're leaning towards Dean but can't pick a middle name for that just yet. If it's a girl it's already settled. She will be Stella Simone
Quote: Originally Posted by WuWei Childhood murmurs are common and mostly benign. Consider increasing the iron rich foods and have a re-evaluation (auscultation) in a month or so. Btw, children generally do not need supplemental iron in their multivitamins, especially boys. Apparently, children (up to 80%) have an innocent murmur at some time in their childhood. Pat YOu went from making me feel alot better with the...
Hello I'm Sarah I live in Bucks County, PA I joined MDC when I found out I was pregnant with my son Levi who is now 15 months. This site has been a sanity saver and huge educational tool. I'm in love Just found out I'm 13 weeks with my second. Very surprised. Guess I got my LMP dates mixed up cause I only thought I was maybe 8-10 weeks along! I'm hoping the US dating is accurate! My last birth was a homebirth which I plan to do again. Glad to be part of a due...
So, quick update We had the bloodwork done. He tolerated it really well. He was very brave All results came back normal. The ped made a weird comment as she chuckled and said "I guess he's just a lightweight." I was kinda taken back by that and thought maybe she forgot why we had the bloodwork done since that has nothing to do with him having a murmer. I didn't even ask what that comment was supposed to mean. Looking back I kinda wish I had! She says we'll just...
I'm still nursing my 15 month old. Never really had any plans as far as how long I would nurse him but now that I'm pregnant again I've suddenly become bothered by it My nipples feel like they're going to bleed when he nurses. It's just so irritating!!!!!! I also get a little crampy sometimes while he's nursing and that scares me. I feel like I'm depriving the new baby of nutrients. I'm super self conscious about whether or not I'm getting the proper nutrition to...
For the poster questioning my sons eating habits, He was EBF until about 6 months and has pretty much eaten everything we eat since he started with solids. He also still nurses at least 3 times a day. We are healthy eaters and do eat meat and leafy greens most days of the week. I can't see how his diet would be iron deficient but I know it's still possible. My husbands mother is severely iron deficient so it could be a genetic thing I guess. (although she has pretty...
I've been craving pickles and lemonade... together. YUM! I don't even like pickles normally! I had to stop myself from drinking pickle juice from the jar the other day. My mouth was watering just thinking about it!!! My midwife says it's my body trying to build up volume. I'll have to stop this soon before I start to swell up. And why is it that I crave whatever it is that you're not *supposed* to eat while pregnant? My honey is out right now buying bagels and lox...
My midwife recommended getting one right away to check for viability and dating. My last period was in May but I don't remember when in May... This will be my second pregnancy. I have a 15 month old and wasn't expecting to get pregnant again this soon! It's still so surreal! I do wonder how far along I am though....
Thank you. That does make me feel better. I think I will go ahead with the blood work. Poor lil fella. I hate for him to have to get stuck I know he'll recover quickly though...