or Connect

Posts by TCA2008

IF you have been pressured into circumcising your son in a Boston area hospital, please contact gchapin@intactamerica.org. A journalist writing a book on circumcision would like to speak with you.  Thanks!  
Screening of "Cut: Slicing Through the Myths of Circumcision" with filmmaker Eliyahu Ungar-Sargon Saturday, September 17 6:00pm - 9:00pm Women's Birth & Wellness Center 930 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd Chapel Hill, NC 27514 The Facebook event for the screening is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=159312437487607 
Please come out in support of licensing certified professional midwives - go to   www.ncfom.org for the details  
I encourage you to write a very clear letter to the hospital you intend to birth at stating you do not intend to consent to a repeat c-section.  Enclose the current VBAC guidelines issued by ACOG which state no woman should be forced into a c-section.  ACOG also states a woman with two prior c-sections should be offered a VBAC, and as you have already had 4 vaginal deliveries, clearly a VBAC is indicated in your...
Check out our story! It is a great lead into the weekend event: http://www.newsobserver.com/2010/10/...rules-for.html
call your local newspaper and tell them that hospital X said you had to have a c-section even though that is in directly violation of both ACOG and NIH's very recent guidelines which clearly state you are a candidate for a VBAC, and YOU have the right to make that decision, and it is a gross violation of your rights to be forced into unnecessary surgery. Newspapers love hospital scandals.
so I saw some mentioning of meeting at the Barnes and Noble at Southpoint on Sundays - if so, I'd love to come. Not sure I'd really be able to fully read a book, but I'd love to try and would definitely enjoy getting together with some MDC moms in this area.
I've heard excellent things about Dr. Peabody, and the midwife who works with him - Marcia something...I think they practice in the N. Charlotte area. I'm not sure they are still practicing because the hospital they had priveleges at gave them grief over some of their practices - like being supportive of VBACs in multiple c-section women, etc...I've met both of them though, and if they still practice, they are just wonderful. this is the info I got when I googled...
where would we meet? I'm wondering geographically.....
this walk benefits NCFOM's efforts to increase access to midwifery care, with the specific focus for 2011 being getting CPMs licensed in North Carolina. It is VERY easy to show your support, just go on-line, register for a sister walk, and a t-shirt will be mailed directly to you. If you are able, please come to Freedom Park and gather with other NCFOMers for an informal get together/brief walk. Even if you can't make it to that park on Oct. 9th, registering still...