or Connect

Posts by slightly crunchy

For what age?
Thought we could let off a little steam and have a few laughs. Ds (26 months) has to do EVERYTHING himself. He has always been this way, but now it is truly everything. He has to open the car door himself, then when he can't physically manage it he has a meltdown. If I help him in the seat and he changes his mind about wanting help, he has to get out of the seat, climb down out of the car, close the car door again, then open it himself and completely climb in himself...
Yeah, I know. As soon as I get one huge mess cleaned up and go to find ds, he has gotten into something else. I feel like I spend my whole day doing damage control from one part of the house to another. Like another poster said, I find we have to get up and get out of the house right after breakfast, or he ends up getting caught up in stuff and the house is ransacked. :LOL I used to think it was tough, but now--there *is* no babyproofing for a 2 year old, I don't...
My 26 month old, 28 pounder is still rf. He has always disliked the car, too. I just had to stop the car a LOT when he was younger. I will keep him rf until he reaches the weight limit for our seat, or until he gets too tall, whichever comes first. A wonderful comprehensive site is car-safety.org. One thing I'm not sure everyone knows is that, when rf, baby doesn't have to be reclined as much when he/she gets older. Just putting the seat more upright when he was...
Hey ya'll, check out this thread: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=155711
I don't understand this talk about pumping and dumping. Women are not generally advised to do this for alcohol, right? All you need to do is wait the two hours or whatever it is for the alcohol to leave your blood level, and then it won't be in your milk. Same for medications--you don't necessarily have to pump and dump (unless you will be missing a feeding for a young baby), you just wait until an appropriate amount of time for the med to clear your bloodstream. Why...
Quote: Originally Posted by dotcommama I read an article in Vogue about Kate Hudson and the whole article talked about how she gained 60lbs , but she's already lost 40 and has 20 to go before shooting her next movie. In the photo shoot in the magazine she looked amazing. I have no idea where she's hiding that extra 20lbs, but I sure as hell didn't see it. Yeah, that article kind of bothered me (just read it at the bookstore a couple...
Quote: Originally Posted by kerikadi In other celeb news I saw an interview with Gweneth where she remarked that all of her brain cells were coming out in her breastmilk. Keri I saw this article, I think. Gwyneth was mentioned but the actual quote was from Debra Messing. With all these celeb births recently I was so hoping breastfeeding would be mentioned a bunch.
It is never too early to use an actual toothbrush, IMO. My son developed cavities at 10 months (well, that is when they were bad enough for us to notice them). He had 8 teeth then (top and bottom front four). I had started brushing them at nine months consistently. Before that, I used gauze to wipe them down once a day at bedtime as soon as he had his first tooth (as I had read in The Baby Book, I think it was). The only reason I started using a brush at 9 months was my...
IME, the cm forms a little blob and sinks, looks like a little marble. Semen breaks apart almost right away, looks like whitish strands and then kinda disintegrates til I can't see it there anymore. :LOL