or Connect

Posts by juliav

I wouldn't worry, dd had these too from time to time as a newborn. They went away on their own and never seemed to bother her at all. I'd say that as long as they aren't irritating him in some way... itching or painful it's probably fine. I think skin just has to get used to being exposed to all sorts of stuff, ya know? To this day (11 months old) dd gets a red splotch on her chin from time to time after she eats... it's not an allergy to anything, just irritation...
I am so tired that I don't even realize that I'm tired anymore! Ophelia (almost 11m) has recently taking to obnoxiously poor sleep at night. She wants to nurse all night, waking up hourly throughout the night and whining, crying, tossing and turning, and just generally being heinous. We co-sleep, but she does have her own bed which is side-carred next to ours. She usually falls asleep in the Mei Tai and then I put her down in her bed. She used to nurse to sleep but...
For what it's worth, dd (11mo.) and I both LOVE cream of rice and cream of wheat for breakfast. DD started eating solids at one week shy of 6 months. She started with avocado and banana and all that jazz for all the reasons already stated above. She can use a spoon on her own now (as long as I load it) and she regularly eats organic cream of brown rice. Sometimes with fruit in it sometimes with goat yogurt, sometimes plain. All this to say that part of learning and...
We didn't hear Ophelia laugh until about 8 months. She did loads of smiling, squealing and babbling but no real laugh for what seemed like ages. I think she's perfectly fine and hits milestones when I'm assuming she should (I shy away from the charts and graphs and rigid outlines for milestones ) It's really fantastic when you do finally get a good laugh out of them.... you'll love it!!
Ophelia absolutely would not tolerate being worn until about 5 months old and then it was for very short periods of time. We have a pouch sling, a ring sling, an ergo, a mei tai, and (had) a Baby Bjorn. So we tried all the options. She just didn't like it. Then at about 8 months she decided she loved it. Now at 10 months she hangs out on my back in the Mei Tai often and falls asleep for most of her naps that way. I can even take her to work for 4 hours and she'll spend...
Thanks ladies we've tried to play with the straps but she's just soooo anti-confinement right now that it's darn near impossible to get them tight because she literally tries to "hulk" bust out of it and gets herself all upset. Maybe it's just a phase and she'll be more comfy in a month or two!
pp has good advice, I flew with Ophelia at just that age and I found that I had packed WAY too much in the carry on and it was a pain to maneuver around the crowded airport with it. I'd say pack necessities but go light. DD slept most of the way both ways and the only part she was impatient about was the waiting on the runway for our turn to take off... you know how they turn off all the air jets and it gets really warm and still? But even then I was able to distract her....
So we live in the country and have a BOB revolution which our 9 month old used to like riding in. But recently I've noticed that unless the seat is fully reclined she seems to be forced into a slouch position : Being 9 months she has no use for the full recline position. She's clearly not comfortable and I'm not comfortable with it. I'm bummed because I love the stroller otherwise especially as an option for days outside when she wants out of the Mei Tai. I've read some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuau maybe epstein's pearl, google it nak hmmm...no, I don't think so. They don't seem to be fluid filled. They look sort of like what you get if you bite your cheek... whitish flat sort of shiny spot. Thanks for responding
Do these exist? Ophelia has one bottom tooth in and one that just broke through. Her top gum appears to have an ulcerish thing happening. It's white and is pretty much right above the new bottom teeth. I'm wondering if this is from the new bottom teeth rubbing on her upper gum? Or what? I can't tell if it's bothering her as the whole teething process is bothersome. Any ideas? Thanks!