or Connect

Posts by mamabeth

Me too. I am minus half a thyroid as of December 2010 with Hashimoto's and have lots of questions.  It is such a frustrating disorder!  Should we start a new thread, perhaps?
Wow, I had not been back to this thread for a while (or MDC, oops!) and I really am digging all the feedback!  We are sort of on hold with all this as we are going to try to sell our house and move somewhere with more land/room, a fixer upper kind of deal if we can.  I know it's a terrible year to sell but we want to downsize, so we'll probably take any reasonable offer.   Either way, I love the idea of a nut tree.  We have pecans here in GA and they grow really...
Thanks K.  Preliminary was that mine was benign (they do a frozen section during surgery, ew) and I get the final path report back on Monday.  DH is already relieved but I am still holding my breath til Mon, ya know?  I know it will seem long til Tues but hoping it is all good.  Take care, MB
Hey Jaygee, I am rarely here these days but was looking for the thyroid thread and noticed yours.  Being through my own biopsy drama these days I would ask them if they can give you some versed (that stuff that makes you a little loopy but wears off quickly.  Also, they swore up and down that my biopsy would be fine and I could drive myself home....really wished my husband was there because I was more sore than I thought I would be.   hang in and i will pray it goes...
Hi there. Just joining the thread because I have a feeling I will have lots of questions for you mamas in a week or so! My massage therapist found a nodule on my neck, and long story short, I had a biopsy on Monday (FNA). It SUCKED....I was told "oh no big deal, you'll have time to shop before you pick your kids up," and then when I was done I was dizzy and in a lot of pain. No results yet, but I have a follow up appointment on Monday. All I know now is that all my...
Me too, Jenlove. Wow, Rosh Hashanah and Eid so close together....blessings and peace all around, and hope you have fun celebrations too! My dd is a minority in her school because she is a Christian and caucasian. I really am very happy about that; in fact it's why I picked the school, because in the rest of our lives we are way in the majority (except I'm the most liberal Christian I know ) and the time I spent as a "minority" was way more valuable than my other...
Um, hi. Hope all goes okay with the nanny searches. I have a friend who just mentioned she'd be willing to move for a full-time nanny job, and she is AMAZING. But she would need full-time, or something close to it. Anyway....hi there. I think I skipped August with this thread, but I keep up with y'all on Facebook pretty good and that is nice. I'm marathon training....it's in 9 weeks , trying to keep up with my job (partner out of town again for 2 weeks next...
I had a harder time with #2, honestly. I had lost a TON of weight after child #1, the preg weight plus the 50 lbs that I needed to lost before that, and I was in awesome shape. I did start working out a lot sooner bc my body knew what to do, but it took me every bit of a year plus weight watchers (I nursed for almost 3 years and added the points and all that) to lose just my preg weight from #2. Actually, I'm still hanging on to a stubborn 7 lbs and ds is FIVE. I...
Just wondering bc dh and I are starting to think about next year, and I wondered what other mamas further down the path have done. We want to do one major thing each year while adding to something we have already done. We have a smallish veggie garden (tomatoes, peppers, beans, squash, broccoli (that got eaten ) and a berry area (blackberries and blueberries). That's expanded from last year when we had a teeny garden area and only blackberries. We are canning and...
to the mamas who are struggling with dh stuff. blah. Just checking in....I feel mostly recovered from my fall but it was crazy how much it hurt for days! Tomorrow's run should be all good, I hope. oh and my VFF sisters, I ordered only my 2nd pair in two years of Vibrams! I got the Bikilas this time bc the reviews were insanely good. They are more "running shoe"-like but are supposed to be close to the KSOs. Can't wait to see them, they are neon pink Oh and I...