or Connect

Posts by Panonim

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread until now! Thank you so much to everyone fr your input. It is a relief to see that so many of you had similar issues at this age so I will do y best to hang tight for the next few months. I am happy to report that he has not been too clingy as of late. And, I can see or feel at least 5 teeth ready to break through anytime now. Gah!! Poor dude. So I believe that has a lot to do with his fussiness. Overall I have no concerns...
For the record, I don't believe that AP spoils babies. But I'm exhausted and frustrated and it sure feels like he's "spoiled". I would greatly appreciate any advice, insight, etc. So baby #3 is 13 months old and we have been EBF, BW and co-sleeping since birth with him. Partly by our choice and partly by his temperent. He wouldn't sleep alone so we co-slept. Anyway, now I have a toddler who whines for me all the time. He follows me around whining to be picked up. If I...
If I had a very young (under 2) toddler/baby, I probably wouldn't.  Older than that, I probably would.  Our DD had just turned 2 when her brother was born, and he was born during her naptime. We woke her a few minutes after his birth to come and see the baby still attached to the cord, the birth pool, all our family who had gathered there.  We have the sweetest picture of her half asleep and slightly confused little face meeting her baby sibling.  But she was/is a very...
So sorry you're in this position mama, and so sorry that you have had permanent issues from your tear.   I had a 4th degree tear (from forceps) during my first birth.  Healing was very painful and difficult.  However, a full year after the birth, I was about 95% back to normal.  By 18 months postpartum, I was 100% back to normal.  I can honestly say that, other than an actual visible scar, everything about that area is back to normal.  I had my 2nd baby at home in...
I am a pretty modest person and I had no desire to be naked in labour, but being in the pool covered with water seemed different to me.  I ended up in the pool with just a black sports bra on and nothing else.  And you really do feel "covered" by the water, and whatever people can see under there is blurry anyway.  I would not want a swim skirt because it would probably just float around instead of actually covering you.  And a bikini or swim suit bottom is not going to...
I have had great results from both acupuncture and chiropractic (not even at the same time) for my pregnancy sciatica.
Hugs hugs to you mama.  I've been there too.   
I don't give up caffeine completely, but I will limit myself to one caffeinated beverage a day.     I do abstain completely from alcohol, but I'm really not a big drinker anyway, so it's no biggie to me at all.   I also avoid unpasteurized cheeses and deli meats.  We had a terrible listeriosis outbreak here in Canada right around the time my DS was born and it made me feel better about my choice to avoid those things completely during pregnancy.  (But I...
Wow, there's some really great tips posted here!  Thanks everyone!   I promise you I am a 24/7 parent (our DS has only just stopped waking at night in the last month or two - we do NOT do sleep training or CIO in any form).  But it's about house rules, and learning the importance of sleep and routines, and learning the responsibility of going to bed at a reasonable time because we have to wake up at a certain time tomorrow to go to preschool.   Anyway, things...
  Ahhhhhhh!!!!  I am on Cloud 9!  *Finally* spoke to our HB MW just now and she confirmed that she will take us as homebirth clients for our December EDD.  I am so happy I could burst!!!     Had left 2 messages for her this week and was on pins and needles the whole time waiting for a call back.  We loved her care with our DS and desperately wanted her again this pregnancy.  But there are so few midwives in our city that they fill up crazy fast, there are...