or Connect

Posts by OkiMom

Once again I didn't get anything done yesterday.. Im really tired and dragging.. I did get some done today, I got the house picked up at least   I also cut out the baby's coming home dress helped DD1 cut out the ribbon kitty she is making for the baby cut out a dress for the stuffed horse the girls picked out for the baby made breakfast and lunch (and it was something more than PB&J!) folded and put away the laundry that has been sitting on the couch for 4...
Im planning on taking 10 days off of schooling the girls when teh baby comes.. Id love to take more but they cause a lot of trouble when not busy with something.. In fact, I should fix my husband's computer, I didn't realize that they woke up when I was in the shower and they undid all the cords then tied them in knots.. Yes, anyone who says you only have more than 1 if your children are easy to deal with has never spent a day in my house.. Don't get me wrong, I adore...
I don't really use a certain method, I just go with what is working at that time..With each I found that something just worked but it wasn't necessarily what worked the next time..   Things that have worked: -a hot bath.. now a shower, I get really weak during contractions. I tried a shower once and almost knocked myself out since I couldn't support my weight and fell over. - little to no light, the brighter the light the harder it was for me to concentrate.. and...
Last night hubby made tacos for dinner.. Tonight we are having steak and potatoes (Im craving red meat right now, probably because my iron is low)
So Sunday night the kids took turns not sleeping so I got about an hour of sleep, yesterday I did.. nothing.. Well, I went to my appointment and I did a reading lesson with my oldest. Other than that I was way to tired to do anything.. today Im going to try to get what I wanted to do yesterday started We shall see what gets done.. Im starting with folding the large pile of clean laundry on the couch and picking up the bedrooms. When I get done with that Ill move to...
I think with older kids it might be a lot of fun.. Mine are younger so I wouldn't even try it honestly.
Angel- I just stalked your threads on the safety board.. How bout a Radian with an angle adjuster (allows for the radian to be installed more upright for a child over 1) for your older son and then use the Truefit for the baby since you already know it will fit.If I get a chance Ill take a picture of the 4 carseats I have in the back of our van (all 3 of our older children are still in harnessed seats)
I have super long torso children (torso height is what matters more than overall height :)) and my middle fits into a nauti fine.. My oldest is outgrowing it quickly.. My middle was a 17 in torso at 3yos (40 in overall, 39lbs) and my oldest has a 18 1/2 in torso at 5 1/2 (45 inches overall, 44 lbs).;. My oldest has a frontier, expensive and overkill for most children but the only sit that will fit her as a 5 pt harness and she isn't booster ready yet (she plays with the...
Carseat- we got a MyRide for this one.. It fits three across in the back with a  Frontier (for my 5yo) and a RFing Radian (for my 19 mo).. It puzzles really good since it sits up really high and has a narrow base..R Radians are super slim and good for newborns. I tried my youngest two out in my oldest daughters radian when they were newborns and they both fit well. I do have long children though (DD2 was 22 inches, DS was 24 inches at birth). Ive seen a ton of newborns...
I tried it but it never stuck because I generally cook what sounds good at that moment (Ive actually stopped in the middle of making dinner and made something different because it sounded better!) When I tried this I did: Mexican Monday (taco salads, tacos, enchilidas, etc) Pasta Tuesday (Spaghetti, mac and cheese, lasagna, etc) Crock Pot Wednesday (quick crock pot meals because Wednesdays are always busy) Quick Thursdays (a meal that takes less than 30 minutes...