or Connect

Posts by OkiMom

So this weekend I went food shopping, played with the kids and knitted some.. I got 3 scarves and a stuffed monster finished for stocking stuffers However, I also pulled something in my back while roughhousing with the children. I think Im totally accident prone or I just need to sleep more so I pay attention to what Im doing. You know prior to having children I hurt myself maybe 5 times in 22 years and in the 5 1/2 years since having children I seem to hurt myself every...
rere- Im the same way with lists.. Im horrible at sticking with them but I always write one out and swear Im sticking to it This weekend I got the scarves done, started on a blanket for the baby and did a monster stuffed animal for the baby.. Ill post pictures when I figure out what I did with my camera.. Today I plan on working on (or ignoring as the case may be) a knitted cat (a companion to the knitty kitty I made last year ) finish the picture skirts for all of us.....
I don't have a spot for mine other than the kitchen table.. Hubby is getting tired of it and is looking for a good used sewing table that will fit in the tiny space we have in the bedroom that is free.. That way I can sew and then when I have to leave it I can close the door.. Oh and then we can have dinner without having to push my sewing aside My list for today: - work on picture outfits.. we will hopefully do pictures on Sunday and I haven't even started on the...
I managed to get the back half of the house cleaned but the living room and kitchen is still a mess. Need to go cook dinner and Ill work on the front half tomorrow
Yesterday was DD2's birthday and we had a blast.. went to the aquarium to visit the sea turtles (somewhat disappointed since they only had babies, no adults but at least they had some) and then to Chuck E Cheeses for dinner. Came home to my annual "its not a birthday present, I just got it because you needed it" present, why do I trust him that he isn't getting me something? This has happened every year since we got together and we celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary...
Tomorrow is DD2s 4th birthday (umm, when did she get to be 4.. it seems like just yesterday she was born) so I need to get a few things done tonight.. -finish cleaning kitchen -finish my laundry, wash DD3s laundry, DSs laundry and DH's laundry (this will carry into tomorrow) - finish cleaning living room, my bedroom, girls bedroom and playroom - pick up both bathrooms and the hall -vacuum house -sweep/mop kitchen -have DH go pick up balloons and see if he can find purple...
I took the girls old holiday skirts and rehemed them (I had deliberately made a larger hem so I could let it out later) so they now have skirts for the holiday parties we go to.. Need to step it up and start working on Christmas. I want to get it all done by the 15th of December so I don't have to rush when it gets close to Christmas. No all nighters Christmas eve this year
I love my serger. It broke in the latest move I managed to hem the girls holiday skirts today
rere- I taught myself to knit using a couple of websites. If you are ever interested in learning Ill post them I never practice, I just make things. If they turn out well I keep the project or give it away. If it doesn't turn out well I frog it.. I just like to keep my hands busy when the kids are playing and it does keep them busy. That and its nice and portable for the daily trips to the park so I don't get bored.
Kim- Im making my son (hes a bit younger than yours, 21 months) a rag doll for Christmas.. Hes also getting a spaceship/alien play set and a fishing game (the fish have little magnets then there is a pole with a magnet to go "fishing" with).. I did a car mat last year and even my older two love playing with it. Im actually making a bigger one for his birthday since the children have problems all playing together with the small one I made.