or Connect

Posts by MeniacleBrat

I'm moving to the Memphis area in a couple of weeks and will be looking for a family doctor. Do any of you ladies know of a non-vax friendly (or at least open minded) doc in the area?   Also, are there any play groups in the area so my 4 year old can make some friends? Her older sisters will be going to school but she needs a couple friends that are just hers (we'll be in the Bartlett area) and of course mama needs to meet some other mama's (I know no one in the area...
Im in Germany now and as far as I remember, they NEVER asked us about our shots to come here (we had paused vaxing at that point and eventually stopped altogether but both girls were WAY behind on their shots at that point, so I don't think you have to be "up to date"). Get yourself a religious waiver for whatever state you are currently in (it won't apply here, but it should get you thru your paperwork).   Enjoy Germany!
Im in Germany now and as far as I remember, they NEVER asked us about our shots to come here (we had paused vaxing at that point and eventually stopped altogether but both girls were WAY behind on their shots at that point, so I don't think you have to be "up to date"). Get yourself a religious waiver for whatever state you are currently in (it won't apply here, but it should get you thru your paperwork).   Enjoy Germany!
I think having your sister write a letter would absolutely help. As far as other documentation... in Raymond Bucklands book of Witchcraft there is a list of 13 principles of wicca... one of this is about not putting anything "unnatural" into your body. That was the principle that I used to get my waiver. Its a published book that pertained to the religion I held at that time... if I hadn't found that I'm not sure what the chaplain would have done. Good luck!
Lurking (mom of many but not multiples).... I would wear Sami and Kasi at the same time when Kasi was your little one's age. I had a wrap and a mai tai. This is what I would do... I would tie the mai tai around my waist so it was behind me (for a back carry) then I would put the baby on with the wrap in a front carry. Once all the straps were secured and I had the baby in place nice and secure, I would put Sami on my back and carry her with a back-pack tie. I was able...
I wasn't a christian when I got my waiver either (at that time I was wiccan, I am a christian now). They are there to support all faiths regardless of their own personal faith, thats why my memo from the chaplain is so vague (see the other thread with my vax memo's). Depending on what religion you hold to, I might be able to help you find something to show to the chaplain so you can get a memo from him.
For DODDS school, they tried to tell me that they didn't accept the memorandums. They would ONLY accept the DoDEA Form 2942.0-M-F1 DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE EDCUATION ACTIVITY CERTIFICATE OF IMMUNIZATION. The school nurse told me to mark out the "medical reasons" in the exemption section (last page) and write in "religious". On the "Immunizations" like write "ALL". For "Reason", write "RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION IAW AR600-20. Below that line but above where the doctor signs his name,...
This was the hardest memo to get and the one that, while I do not agree with the language of it, was the ONE that I needed most to use the CDC on post. ____________ MEMORANDUM FOR CHILD AND YOUTH SERVICES SUBJECT: Exeption to Policy 1. MSG Joe Smith and spouse Jane Smith have requested child care from (military community name...eg, USAG Stutgart) Child Development Cervices and participation in the Child and Youth Services Sports program for their children: a. Suzy...
Memo from Chaplain... The Chaplain will likely want to write their own memo, but sometimes it helps to already have one that they can either work from or simply sign (especially if it already has their signature block at the bottom). ____ MEMORANDUM FOR RECORD SUBJECT: Religious Support Assessment regarding Immunizations 1. This memorandum is in support of a request by (service members rank and name) and his spouse (name) requesting exemption from immunization...
Ok, here we go. I've had several people ask me about these over the past couple of years so I'm going to post them to the forum and maybe they can be stickied for future refrence. This is what I had to do to get a religious exemption while stationed in Germany. They *should* work for any Army instilation (though you may have to inform the recipient that they are valid). I will (obviously) be leaving my childrens name out and using pseudonyms, you would place your own...