or Connect

Posts by enielangstrumpf

OP, sounds like perfectly normal development to me.   our situation looks like this... i'm german, dh is american. we moved to germany while pregnant with DD (3 1/2 now). until she was almost two i spoke only german, he spoke only english to her. she started speaking on the later side and then 80-90percent of her vocabulary was in german. this worried us, as dh is basically her only "english connection" here. so we decided to make english our "family language". we...
it's actually very common in the "crunchy community" here. people are just not as organized online as american mamas are in general. germans are horrible with web presences. and the german mamas use different styles of diapers mostly. prefolds basically don't exist here and AIOs aren't very common. generally there are less synthetic fibers being used. most often CD families stick to cotton and wool. there are diaper services in just about all larger cities, too.
hey mamas!   i haven't checked in here in way too long.   how exciting to see some new first time moms in wiesbaden! i'd love to meet you and chat birthing and whatnot.   our midwife is on call for us and our official due date got bumped up from dec 17th to 13th, so basically i could go into labor any minute now. but i'd love to try and meet up anyway. any of you planning a homebirth?   i really need to get a little homebirth/natural parenting group...
the geburtshausteam in hamburg is awesome! i was there for a midwifery class in november and it seems like the hamburg and surrounding area natural birth scene is VERY active. so finding a good match for you really shouldn't be too difficult. just make sure to set up your care early. the popular midwifes are often booked solid very quickly.
congratulations on your pregnancy! UC is not illegal in germany. a doctor is by law required to have a midwife present at birth. a woman is not required to have a midwife present. but if you ended up birthing at home by yourself you'd have to have the birth confirmed by a physician or midwife afterwards which can be a pain in the butt. you need a piece of paper (birth certificate) signed by a doc or MW in order to file the birth with the german officials...
i wish we could gtg. i used to live in berlin before i met my husband i always loved it there. my kids also desperately need some companions but i'm guessing 600km is too far of a distance for regular playdates. wishing you luck in finding some nice people to play with. in the meantime, there's SO much to do in berlin, i'm sure you won't get bored. you could look for some music classes (like kindermusik or other programs) or gym classes. all the different...
still looking for some nice english speaking families in the area. c'mon, ladies! it's summer (supposedly), let's get together and do something fun! our girls are now almost three (birthday in june) and fifteen months. oh, and i'm expecting again in december. we've moved to dotzheim but we can go all over wiesbaden to check out playgrounds, pools or whatever other outdoor activities we can find.
i signed and also took part in the teeny tiny protest in frankfurt on wednesday. there were only a handful midwifes and mothers (and one very proud papa!) but we managed to collect lots of signatures. i'm praying every day that this issue will be resolved soon. and i don't normally pray. i'm expecting number three in december and the two midwifes who took care of me last time around won't be available anymore due to the insurance increases. one is expecting her...
i am german, but basically everything i read was in english. i'll try and help anyway. ina may gaskin's "guide to natural childbirth" was translated to german but is unfortunately missing some parts. not the ones most important for a woman in her situation though. so i'd definitely absolutely almost religiously recommend "die selbstbestimmte geburt". there's a new book full of birthstories from german and austrian families with lots of pictures called "Luxus...
anyone?? please? i'm begging here.