or Connect

Posts by hyz

Oliver just had his check-up, and on his 2 month birthday he was 13 lbs 9 oz and 24.75" tall.   Birth = 9lbs 1 oz 4 weeks = 11 lbs 3 oz 6 weeks = 12 lbs 7 oz
Update today at 6 weeks, Oliver is 12lbs 7oz -- he was 9lbs 1oz at birth, and 11lbs 3oz at 4 weeks. 
Our Oliver was 9 lbs 1 oz at birth, and 11 lbs 3 oz today at his 4 week appointment.  He was 21" at birth, and 23.75" today. 
We've been dealing with thrush, too. I noticed a little thrush patch in DS's mouth on his 1 week birthday. I called his ped, and they said just to watch it and it would probably heal on its own--I told them that's super, but I was already starting to have horribly burning nipples and shooting pains in my breast--they said to call my OB. She prescribed Diflucan for me, and I've been on that for a week now. I've also been using an antifungal cream on my nipples after...
I'm with you! I had one morning alone with both kids so far, and it took us until 1:00 pm to make it downstairs for breakfast!! eek. DH went back to work after 5 days, and my dad has been visiting to help with DD1 and dishes and laundry and stuff since then, but he leaves tomorrow and then I'll be all alone for a week, probably, until my MIL and SIL arrive. I am still taking DD to daycare 3 days a week, just to maintain a semblance of normalcy in her life, so I will...
Wow, it sounds like you all have better luck than I did. With my first, we had to wait almost 6 months! I had pretty bad tearing, and we tried a few times before that, but it just hurt too much and we had to stop. Even at 6 mos it was still really tender. This time I had a much smaller tear, so I'm hoping to heal much faster. I'm still only 1.5 weeks post partum now, though, and still bleeding, so nothing here yet. My doctor said to wait 4 weeks, fwiw.
THAT is amazing, and wonderful!! Congratulations, mama--wow!! I can't wait to hear the birth story when you're up to it, and I love your sweet girls' names!!
Right, I also want to know what you mean by babymoon? My DH is off for a week, although the first 2 days were spent in the hospital, so it didn't feel so restful. We're finally home alone now with our toddler and new baby, so I count my babymoon as lasting from today until Thursday, when DH has to go back to work. It will just be lovely to all be home and nesting in as a family. DH will be pampering me a bit, but I don't feel as physically wrecked as I did after having...
14" here, with very little molding
Hey, neat, sounds like we're on the same schedule--I could've written almost the same post! Good luck!!!!