or Connect

Posts by Momma Aimee

the move issues are many, that we know.  the Good thing is the move is "only" 6 hours -- so kinship relationship could be maintained.   I'll look at ANN -- we'd be open to out-of-state.   My biggest concern about a waiting child in foster care ( or not, for that matter) is lacking self-confidence in the care of a "very" SN child -- i know this is stupid because I could get preggo tomorrow and be gifted a child with CP or in need of a organ transplant or any other SN that...
I saw one that said   Born on our arms on     with a photo of the new born baby    -- new born adoption; sent the week after he was born and came home
wow 
why did the foster parents contest?  did they want to adopt the boy themselves?   Aimee
thanks everyone. (thanks jane)   here, if it is the same as in 2009, you can be 'adoption only' or 'foster to adopt' or 'foster only'.  Adoption only is tough i am told because they do not place a child untill a TPR is done, thus you have to have a child in a foster home, TPRed and the FF not adopt -- it does happen, of course, but we'd choose "foster to adopt' with the understanding we'd only accept girls where they had a dule case plan (adoption plan running along...
Actually this is our 2nd time coming at this, in Summer of 2009 my husband and I applied, attended orientation, and had our background checks cleared and were approved to enroll in MAPP.  we never enrolled, because at teh time we'd been put on a move list for my husband's job and were concerned about not completing an adoption before being called to move, or about disrupting a stable placement for a foster child.  so we never took the MAPP classes.   now the topic...
our OT calls it "play with a purpose" and then samile "but the kids do not see th purpose" :)
hey Modest Dressing Momma -- i need your help again, more   i am haveing a really hard time -- the more modest i dress, and in the past 5, really 3 years i have 'gone up notches' I am finding summer dresses so much harder.  I have 2 big tubs full of sundressed i no longer feel ok wearing.  sleavless or straps.  they are all long enough, and full enough and only a few are too low on the bust -- but they are too uncovered on the shoulders.  so I just packed them...
i have been thinking about this A LOT recently   http://scribinglife.wordpress.com/tag/modesty-covering/   I have blogged about it a ton -- i am not there yet, but going ....
hey Modest Dressing Momma -- i am haveing a really hard time -- the more modest i dress, and in the past 5, really 3 years i have 'gone up notches' I am finding summer dresses so much harder.  I have 2 big tubs full of sundressed i no longer feel ok wearing.  sleavless or straps.  they are all long enough, and full enough and only a few are too low on the bust -- but they are too uncovered on the shoulders.  so I just packed them off.   But I love sun...