or Connect

Posts by Momma Aimee

thanks for the thoughts everyone, i learn so much from other moms  
Kimbery -- i, personally, look at his therapy and his OT and his ST and all that as his main 'school' for this time.  i see a potential massive fail to try to strech him too far = emotional stuff, academic stuff, yk?   i think about if he sat in a classroom all day (kindy here is all day) -- emotionally could he cope?  no.  so in the end all he'd learn would be fustration and bad habits born of that emotional overload.  Granted ve are not thinking of putting him in...
Thansk, both of you.   I have the Moore's Better late the Early (must go fine) and I need to look at some Holt.  I am stuggleing in the "he is 5 isn't he in kindy..." and the fact he has an IEP for speech so is in the 'school synic' -- also i admit, i feel it internally -- he is 5.5 and really NOT taking off academically on his ovn; i feel a bit let dovn by all the "leave them alone and they'll do it on their ovn" out there.   but on the other hand, he isn't...
I have read only a little about Waldorf , but my BFF had her son in a Waldorf  school for 2 or 3 years in Pre-K (started in momma and me then did a class alone) before they moved to China.   I understand one 'basic' of Waldorf  is dealying seat time, fine motor stuff like writting and so on, till is it 7 or 8 --   I instinctive agree with that for my very boy boys -- and am following the pratice to some extent.   I wondered if anyone could point me to some...
i don't really think 40 books in a year is too much -- depends on the kid -- or the reader i guess.  I can read a couple of books a week, as much as 150 to 200 pages a day of fiction -- and I have read like this since grade school..i may be a freak -- but one book a week is 52 books in a full year (not school year); and most fiction (Good Night Mr Tom, Fever 1695, and so on) could be read by most readers in less than a week.   shrug   guess it is all the reader...
you rock a list makes like me -- thanks!!    
DS1 is offically Kindy age in the fall, so we'll offically enroll him.   His skills are scattered and based on some of the "Kindy goals" I have looked at -- he is 1/2 way "there" LOL and others he is not even close.   we have been fairly loose on Preschool most of it being his ST and OT and so on -- rather than mouch "education" here at home.   He goes to the school district preschool for ST and today he was talking about Kindy and how "Brody would be his...
 yep   BOTH my boys have ST via the school, DS1 is on his 3rd (and we think final) year, DS 2 is on his 2nd.  both have had full assessments and havce IEPsates provide services for   it is true in all states but the rules goverening it are differnt, but legally all states have to provide services.   we also diver 45 minute sone way 2x a week for the boys to go to OT and for DS2 to have private ST -- i so so so wish we did not have to -- it is really really hard to have to...
thanks you mommas.  I love hacvinbg other memories to call on