or Connect

Posts by octobermoon

My doula says even though there isn't much textbook evidence she has seen a lot more tears from squatting. I have also read that countries that do squat for birth like China and Brazil squat differently than women in the U.S. Which is where I am. A midwife did warn me going in but the position I took was most comfortable for me all the way around. I don't think I would use it again. My son was only 7.4 pounds. He also came very fast and I was on a higher than average...
i'm trying to figure out why i tore so badly, trying to make some sense of my son's birth. i know i may never know for sure but still there is a nagging feeling behind my birth experience. a longing for questions to be answered and to have some closure already. Ds is 10 months and i am still processing our ordeal. i wanted to know if you tore did you squat? what position did you use? i used a birthing stool and i also leaned on the bed with my head down for the last...
short answer is YES! however it is also very challenging at times and i just want to cry. this could possibly be the best thing and the hardest thing ever all in one, at the same time!
9 mos here and dealing with the same thing. you're not alone. the past couple of days have been really good though, so hang in there you may atleast get a break. i'm not fooling myself into thinking this reprieve is permanent but i'll take what i can get.
Quote: Originally Posted by kismetbaby I hear you mamas. . .and I'm pretty sure these feelings are not reserved for twenty-somethings or surprise babies. Heck, I am squarely in my mid-thirties, married, planned pg, finally getting to be the SAHM I've wanted to be for awhile. I've had my party days, my traveling, lots of school. . . and I love, love being this little guys mommy 99.9% of the time. But there are those moments where I miss the old...
LMAO! we have a baby billy goat too!!
Mac here too! we have the Volo.
Quote: Originally Posted by Norasmomma I think your DH needs to grow up. Plain and simple. If he was working out of country ok, but he's on a vay-cay(with his family) w/out you and the baby and you are feeling a bit annoyed? I'd be more than annoyed I'd be peeved beyond belief:irk HA that is what I am saying! UGH just reading this about your DH has ME SEETHING!!!!!!!!!!! i think you need to put your foot down! if that doesn't work is...
no real advice just saying I HEAR YA! we've been having sleep issues too! i read The No Cry Sleep Solution recently and was determined to get him on a schedule and sleeping without the boob. NOT WORKING AT ALL! (ok maybe the boob parting a tiny bit) the schedule part did work for like three nights and now it's worse than ever. i keep trying but man he is wearing me out! he is bound and determined to stay up till 11pm right now and there is no coaxing him to sleep,...
Would you or am I crazy? This is my first child. Anyone done it? Stories?