or Connect

Posts by Night_Nurse

My son was completely retractable (all by his own accord) by 2.5 - 3 years. 
Before I went out of town (over weekend) I read some posts about the baby who was ill and not doing well after his circ. I *think* the grandfather had posted info and pics. When I got back to town on Monday the photos were gone. I think the grandfather took the info down *after* the baby had died. Apparently, he had hemophilia and died. From what I can gather, the family was saying the baby didn't die from the circ, he died from hemophilia.  It is always sad when I baby...
I know exactly what you are feeling as I've had both family and friends circ despite having long talks with me and receiving printed info. However, all you can do is try. Please don't be afraid to share video links, send an email or pamphlet, or anything to try to plant a seed. The info may fall on deaf ears but I think it's best to at least give them the info. Let them know how easy intact care is, that many boys are now left intact in the US and if you have an intact...
I typically buy either the generic brand or whatever brand is on sale for everything except:   Laundry detergent   Cat food   Q-tips (I can not stand any other brand)   yogurt      
Yes, you just leave it alone. Don't try to retract it. Yes, it's possible the doctor hurt him or caused some little tears in the skin (or maybe not at all). The best thing to do is leave it alone so the body can heal itself if needed. If you are still breastfeeding you can put some breastmilk on his penis to help it heal and relief irritation. If not, you can let him soak in some warm water for a bit and then let him have some time w/o the diaper. As far as the initial...
Welcome back and congratulations!  
This! This is why I've been saying for years that Mothering shouldn't have problem threads in the Case Against Circumcision. They should be in "health and healing". If it's post after post of "problem" threads, it really makes this forum more of a Case For Circ for those who don't know how rare foreskin issues are!  
I don't have time to read through all the comments, apologies if all this has already been addressed. I'm in TX also and I promise you plenty of non-Latino babies are kept intact. My blonde haired, Caucasian son was left intact and has never had one problem at all. My dear blonde, white friend is about to birth her second son in a few weeks and he will be left intact like his brother, who has never had problems (they all live in Texas, too). The vast majority of the...
I'm guessing any of the videos that show an actual infant circ.
microwaves - Yes, not daily but probably 4 - 5 times/week.   fluoride - Sometimes. It's in our water supply but we drink filter water often. We have both natural and fluoride toothpaste in our house. I use both. We don't normally do fluoride dental treatments for me or the kids. I think both my kids have each had one fluoride treatment.   Teflon - Sure. Some of our pots/pans are Teflon  coated, some are not.   regular deodorant - No. I only use natural and so...