or Connect

Posts by Night_Nurse

I was shocked when a local  plus-size only consignment shop advertised sizes "12 and up". I always thought plus sized clothing was 18 and up. Are 12 and 14 the new "plus" sizes? What about 16? I will say I often wear 10 - 12 and while not "skinny", I don't think of myself as plus sized. I thought I'd get others opinions.  
I hope I'm allowed to post this here. This isn't offered by me but I saw the info on another site I visit. It's a bunch of pro-foreskin & intactivist stuff up for auction and the bids are low. Pamphlet, magnets, t-shirts, etc. The auction benefits a pro-intact org. http://chewygranolamomma.blogspot.com/2011/11/intactivist-gear-auction-1.html  
Minuteman, You may also want to post this on Facebook in the anti-circumcision groups there. Those intactivist groups seem to be more active there on FB and I'm sure you'll get more responses there. Honestly, every time I check on MDC, I read "The Case Against Circumcision" I completely forget about the Intactivist sub-forum. I don't think it gets a lot of traffic.
If you delivered at home or at a center, will you please go answer my poll? I left off hospital birthers because in all my years of working hospital maternity, I never once saw a mama deliver completely nude. So while it does happen, I think it's pretty rare. Thanks! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1334017/what-were-you-wearing-when#post_16716811
I've wanted to know this for years. If you had your baby at home (water birth or non-waterbirth) or if you birthed at a birthing center, did you birth completely nude??? I did because it felt awful to have any clothes touching me in labor and I can't imagine wet clothes in the birthing pool. But almost every time I've seen home birth photos or videos, the mama is wearing either a bra or a shirt. I'm curious if I am in the minority having been topless at birth. I'm...
Mama, I'm so very sorry this happened to you. My youngest was born at home with a wonderful midwife. It was such a beautiful thing, I can't imagine having a prenatal relationship with someone like your midwife. I'm not sure why she would be worried that what you posted would damage her reputation. It seems like her own actions are what's hurting her. If everything you're saying is true, please consider taking her to small claims court. You can collect up to $5,000 in...
One, I think your DH should be the one to say something since they are his parents. However, it's not right that they make comments so somebody should say something. How about "With all the comments you make, I get the sense that you aren't sure or comfortable with us keeping the baby intact. I understand you chose to circ your boys and our decision to keep the baby intact is in no way meant as an insult to you or the choices you made. Doctors know now that circ isn't...
Ohhhh - I just gave a thank you basket to a neighbor today (she fed our pets while we were on vacation).  I didn't give any personal care items, just food. I gave both organic and non-organic fruits, veggies and nuts. I don't have much to add for suggestions. But I think it's sweet you want to give her a thank you gift. I once received some homemade salad dressings in some cute bottles and I also received some homemade ice cream/dessert sauces that I loved. I'd really...
I don't have any suggestions, really, other than possibly buying a "puppy pad" for him to pee on if he insists on continuing this behavior. I just wanted to chime in to say I think it's a "normal" boy-type idea of fun. My son is older than yours. But just this past summer he left our house (our house with THREE bathrooms) to go out front to pee. He did this twice that I know of and he's not suffering from any issues. When I asked him why he did this he said "I don't...
Bumping...because I think this is the most powerful thread I've ever read on any message board.