or Connect

Posts by Zeta

He may well be "serious" about you, but he is indulging in the fantasy that he can be involved with you strictly as a woman, rather than, in the long run, a family.  He lets you have your kid at his house, after all, he has his dogs, right?  There are so many ways guys can not "get" what it means to date a single mother. 
I am glad this got bumped up.  I relate to it so much.  I felt like my life was being destroyed when things fell apart, and I had so many fears- panic really, for the first year.  I had to work unbelievably hard, and there were so many harrowing events that first year, I felt like "I can't live through this"---but by the same token I discovered a reserve of strength and determination I had no idea I possessed.  And now, several years later I can see how year by year...
I think it's really hard to compare different "burdens" based on simple things like whether the other parent is in the picture or not.   What's the point?  No-one wins any medals.  We all just raise our kid or kids as best we can, and get through whatever we have to with as much grace and tenacity as we can muster.  I do feel like my life as mom is super hard in some ways, that few really understand, and I also know that I am blessedly spared some of the challenges some...
Hi... I have three, and one with ADHD, and it just really feels unmanageable.  I feel overwhelmed, ineffective, like our family "just does not work" too much of the time, and yet... what else am I supposed to do?  I do my best, and it still feels non-functional.  My point is-- You are not alone.   
I am not dating right now, just focused on work, grad school & kids.  I'd been really struggling up until a week or so ago, and now I feel like I'm myself again.  life is good!  I do want a partner at some point, but no prospects.  I am sorry for your recent break up.  Weepy is good, even if the break up is for the best; let the grief move through you & life will be brighter when you emerge.
robinchap i remember you!
I used to be part of the private single parenting lounge but all the sudden I have lost access. i have been participating, including the check-in thread, so it's not because I was lurking. I PM'd the moderator a week ago and have not heard back.  Can someone help me solve this problem?  Thanks!
are the webinars something i can access?  sounds really great. i know exactly what you mean and sometimes I can rest in that confidence as well.   As for your below comment- I have given sex timing a lot of thought, and I really don't think it makes a difference.  At least not one that matters.  To my thinking, if a guy *respects* you less for doing it early, presumably he's joining you in that early activity, so he's a huge hypocrite. I think the last guy i dated did...
someone suggested watching the four man plan videos on youtube and thank you for that.  hilarious.  i think she makes some good points, but I still think dating any guy that asks you out is a huge waste of time.  i have other quibbles, but anyway it's always interesting to hear someone with a strong viewpoint.  my biggest take-home message from her is not so much to be dating many men, but to NOT invest in a man until he's shown himself to be the one.  i tend to...
Devaya, I am sorry to hear it ended. But I am really proud of you for ending it the way you did.  It takes courage to walk away from the good parts in order to take care of your heart.  And it takes faith that something better awaits you.    Robin, I think just bring it up with him.  For what it's worht, the book "he's just not that into you," and yes I'm a total acolyte LOL, does not advocate sitting back and accomodating whatever meandering path the guy takes in...