or Connect

Posts by starling&diesel

Seraf, I have thrush too. Any tips or tricks? First time in 5 years of nursing. Thinking I need to do the candida diet. Meh.
I did use the LA for night feedings. I kept the LAs all ready to go in a chilled thermos by the bed, and just slipped one into place and latched baby on, while side-lie nursing. We did end up with a few leaks and some extra laundry, but we eventually got the hang of it. I really love LA for the night nursing we managed to do with it. When my babies were newborns, I did sit up. But as soon as possible, I had them side-lie nurse. I should also mention that I ditched the...
And for all involved in the pumping whilst driving discussion, here is a link to Mothering's User Agreement. And a relevent slice to share here: General Conduct Mothering aims to be a welcoming environment to discuss subjects pertaining to and surrounding natural family living. We appreciate that members come to our community at different places in their parenting journey and one of our goals is to welcome and educate new members. With that in mind, we expect our members...
Alright, mamas, back to the topic of the thread.lilmamita, I just wanted to drop in and say that my breastfeeding challenges were the hardest thing about being a new mom.I was so surprised that it wasn't easier than it was, and I was absolutely shocked when I didn't have enough supply and no amount of pumping, crying, herbs, food, teas, tincture, latch investigation, nursing position experimenting, meditating, praying or commiserating made it even an one ounce...
Courtney, H had a similar spell when he was around 18 months. I was just about to book a second doc appointment when the falls abated. It was very disconcerting though. He was so mobile and agile, and so it was worse than had he been a typically clumsy child. I hope it stops soon for wee Coraline!
Hi knittingtigers ... I'll edit some picture books as I go, changing pronouns or dispensing of them entirely. I gauge the feasibility of doing so by the pictures, and wing it, somewhat. I wonder what you'd like to see in terms of trans folk? Part of the storyline? Or as part of the tapestry? Trans folk who 'pass?' Or when people confuse genders? I think the world needs one for kids whose parents get read incorrectly, no matter where they are on the spectrum. E often goes...
AOTD1: I notice a change in our non-parent friends, absolutely. Those changes started to become more apparent the more mobile and vocal our first child became, and then again when we had a second. It was almost like it was 'forgiveable' when dd was still up in a wrap or carrier or nursing, and we could still get together and have adult conversations, and then it slipped a bit when dd needed 'more' attention from me (heading for the door of the cafe, gagging on a piece of...
Welcome, sandiego! As for when we told: we told my sister and my mom when we got our BFPs (11 days post IVF), knowing they would be our main supports if we lost the pregnancy. We told our close friends from about 7 weeks (when we saw the heartbeat), and again, knew that we could lean on those folks if we had a miscarriage. We told other people piecemeal from about 16 weeks.
It's so interesting to hear you talk about what happened with the two dance instructors, Miranda. Thank you for sharing. I keep you in mind when I think about moving back to a rural location, and admire the way that you've woven your family life where you are. Would you ever consider relocating for an apparent 'passion' (a la the other thread), when it's moved well beyond an interest? I hear about families who do that, and I wonder about the pressure on the child who was...
I wonder about magic shows. Do parents who so ardently uphold practical realism try to explain away the magic and point to the science and slight-of-hand, even while their child watches, slack-jawed with wonder? Are we worried about parents 'lying' about the source of the illusion? As an adult, I'm still awed by skilled illusionists, and I like to be awed and not understand working mechanisms that make it possible. Same with Cirque du Soleil. I'm awed by them, and I...