or Connect

Posts by starling&diesel

Granite! WELCOME, BABY! Congratulations! I cannot wait to hear more. Yay for healthy babies!
Seraf ... That is big news! I'm sending you virtual bandaids for the ensuing owies on your hearts. Lots of dear hearts in your family, so several big boxes of heart-shaped bandaids. I'm sorry to hear about your breakup, but I hope that you all can find new footing and continue being the most excellent parents that you both are. xoxo Escher ... I heard lots of talk about half-birthdays being a much bigger soup of upheaval than the year-birthdays. As in, shit gets...
Thank you, HappyHappyMommy ... I appreciate you doing that. To the OP: best of luck and positive thoughts as you try to make the best life possible for you and your child.
Hi Isa, Remind me how old your little one is? I'd say the culprit is the bottle. Maybe slowly reduce the amount until it's just a few mouthfuls? We give H (newly 2yo) just a small amount of milk or water at supper, then nothing more to drink until bedtime, when he nurses. He's dry 9/10 nights. I usually take him to the toilet when I go to bed. He doesn't wake up for that, thankfully. As for us, we're good! E is reading and making art and writing and inventing and...
ps. Regardless of perceived or actual risk.
Congrats! My advice is that if you think you'd feel guilty if anything went wrong after you did/ate/thought/etc then it's probably not worth it. Sending sticky thoughts!
Everr ... Knowing about R and his being out of dipes around two is what made me realize that H could do it. He's a big kid, as physically developed as most 3yo kids I know, so I suppose I should!'t be surprised. Plus, he wants so much to be like E! Erin, I get exhausted by doing author talks. I do one and need a whole day to recoup! Your itinerary makes me want to crawl into a closet, curl into a fetal position, and vomit. Kudos to you for hanging in there and rockin' it!...
Hi all, I'm reading along too, and thinking of you all. Mal? How's your mom doing? How are you, my dear? Erin ... you're kids come by their adaptability honestly. And I bet K was THRILLED about the flight museum! Will this be their first big town Halloween or are you keeping it low key? Cindy ... Big decision! It's hard to be moving away from all things baby, isn't it? When E was H's age, I was pregnant. It's odd for H to be 2 now with no more babies in...
GRANITE! How ADORABLE are you?!?!?! Love that picture. Print it, frame it, put it up. So often we leave great pics adrift and don't print them. Go print it. That is, unless you're busy having a baby. Then, you're excused. Names. Quinn. Love it. But if your partner has even a remotely negative connection, then chuck it. That's our approach in general. As two queers in their 30's, we had a huge list of exes names to veto, plus a whack more really cool ones from...
I agree. I think it's doing a disservice to ask kids of a reasonable age NOT to adjust for financial reasons. Asking children to participate in a family-wide lifestyle adjustment (due to necessity or core-values) encourages compassion, empathy, pragmatism, wise budgeting, and helps them to understand that sometimes other people's needs or the group's needs must come first.My dad bankrupted the family when I was a child, and while my parents didn't barrage me with...