or Connect

Posts by javamama

Thanks for the recommend. I just ordered a test kit. Is there a proper way to dispose of lead toys?
Both of my children (1 boy, 1 girl) nursed well past toddlerhood. I can't say there were any differences between my two. If anything, my son was more attatched and had a harder time weaning than my daughter. He still remembers and talks about breastfeeding (he's 6 now!) I don't know if that is gender or personality differences, though.
I am doing block feeding for overactive letdown and it has made all the difference. DD would gulp air and bob off and on the breast and fuss all the time. Also had signs of foremilk/hindmilk imbalance (watery green poop) Block feeding took about a week to get used to (the side that wasn't being used would get pretty uncomfortable). Now, she burps much less, rarely fusses and is even able to comefort nurse sometimes. She is going longer between feedings as well which...
I have enjoyed reading MOST of this thread, alot of what I wondered about has been covered. I read the book and then bought it on CD and my DD and I are listening to it. I LOVE the narrator....we plan to listen again to the whole series. Question: Why do you think the necklace had such an effect on the trio, but Umbridge could wear it without troube. Even if she didn;t notice the dark thoughts, wouldn;t she have noticed that is was cold? Maybe she knew it had some...
Thank you electra. I am aware of the big pharmaceuticals practices and I guess that is why I haven't done the research yet. I am absolutely overwhelmed by the task of finding out the truth. I DO believe that there is some benefit to some vaccines. I am saddened that pediatritians are not able to advise on this issue in an unbiased way, that their advice has become suspect. My ped is well known for being okay with not vaxing, his nurse asked me if we would be having...
My DD is 2 months old and at her WBV today, the ped talked me into this one by pointing to my two school age children saying that this baby is vunerable because of siblings bringing the disease home. I hadn't thought about the dehydration issue. She is completely breastfed and of course I now how to watch for dehydration. I was not informed this was a live virus, in fact I thought I had asked?? Now I worry I will actually GIVE this virus to my school age children fro...
s mama! I remember that feeling with my first two kids. I wish I had good advice for you. I don't have experience with a premie, so I don't know what your options are. Would pumping/bottle feeding be an option? I don't think that is ideal, but neither is a sick mama. Please take care of yourself! Hope you get a little more helpful advice, just could't read and not post!
Hi everyone, I'm here too, just feeling so busy right now. Claire is 8 weeks now. I thought I got through the wost part hormone wise, I had significant ppd oith the other two, but felt like I sailed through this time with alot of support lined up and realistic expectations. Suddenly, I think because I'm felling like I SHOULD be back to normal, I feel like I am drowning. Just overwhelmed with three kids. I feel sad today. THEN, I was reading some of the birth stories...
I have a high needs baby. I have spent the last month or so thinking, either I forgot how much babies cry/need to be held, or this kid's different. When I look at books like the Dr. Sears, it confirms it. The thing is, most people don't know she is so hard because they see a happy, calm baby. It wasn't until I spent an hour at my friend's house last night that she saw what I mean. If Claire's eyes re open,, I need to do at least one soothing technique: sling,...
I hear you! I do miss being pregnant. I love feeling that secret early on and love watching my body expand. I too hate this transition where I want my self back. I thought some of this was because I was induced so early with all three of my babies. I never felt done or ready. The last few weeks are always full of worry for me. Now I wonder if I ever would have felt done. This is my last. I am trying to enjoy every minute but it is going by so fast. It is...