or Connect

Posts by javamama

Quote: Originally Posted by becoming How cute! My DS wanted to name DD "Dash" whether she was a boy or a girl. My DS wanted to name his little sister Princess Leia Her name as of today (she is 3 weeks old....) Claire Jetta Jetta is DH grandma's name
Thinking about you ladies! You were my due date sisters! Things didn't work out the way I planned--- third induction at 37 weeks . I am a little bit sad about never having that "is this it?" kind of feeling, but my birth was wonderful and the sweet 3 week old in my arms is priceless! Hang in there! I'm watching for your birth stories. Just wanted to send some s your way!
What a sweet face! Congratulations!
Oh, Mel, I'm so glad you started this! I've been a little lost on the boards since Claire was born. She's 3 weeks today! I am SO in love! She is already changing and I am trying to soak her up because she is our last. At the two week visit, she had gained 10 ounces and the jaundice was nearly gone. She is still a little sleepy (born at 37 weeks), but doesn't miss a feeding. She gulps the milk down and passes out! My kids are doing great, but are ready to have...
My 6 lb baby seemed to be bron starving, too. I had terrible sore nipples for a few days until milk came in because she sucked frantically!! I called her a barracuda. Now that the milk is in, she gulps and gulps and then sleeps hard. She is very content (and appears to be gaining although we haven't weighed her.) I am not sore anymore and even the engorgement wasn't as bad this time I think because she was such a determined nurser!! What beautiful pictures! Your...
Yeah! I'm so glad she knew she needed to come early for your BP! Glad everything went well, what beautiful birthstory!
Quote: Originally Posted by springbabes I feel good . I'm trying not to be nervous. My mom says her blood pressure always got borderline high a few days before she went into labor so maybe I'll get lucky. I actually went to Target yesterday and used their blood pressure machine and it was only 129/81. I have no idea what to think of that because I haven't measured anywhere near that low the entire pregnancy. I wonder how accurate those machines are. ...
Just wanted to share. I had to have an induction for toxemia issues. I am very happy with the way things went. Despite the medical interventions,I felt empowered and strong. Here's our story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=691980&page=2
50ftqueenie- I know what you mean. A few weeks of bedrest and high risk talk and I was willing to get Claire here any way that would be safe. My birth plan seemed less important. Even a clean home wasn't important anymore. I let go of alt of expectations in the last two weeks, and I am okay with that. Baby is here and healthy and I am too. (I ended up with full blown toxemia after the birth, so even my baby moon did not end up as panned). Take care and be...
springbabes- how are you doing? I ended up in a similar situation. Although I was not planning a homebirth, I did NOT want to be induced! Despite my best efforts, BP just wouldn't cooperate and we induced Saturday. The birth was wonderful due to my midwife. She ran interference for me at the hospital and accomodated my wishes as best she could. Can your HB MW attend at the hospital? I am in Salt Lake, and delivered at St Marks. If I can help you at all, I would be...