or Connect

Posts by javamama

I have an appt on Friday and she plans to do a cervical check in order to make some decisions on induction. Even though I know it doesn't predict labor reliably, I am hoping it shows that my cervix is ripe and ready for action. If it isn't, I have a week to try some natural induction methods before I run out of options.
I agree that this seems like a mild case. The highest readings have been 150/100, but they will go down quickly when I lay on my left side. I can't tell if my MW is being extra cautions or giving me worst case scenario. I definately need to ask more questions, but want to be prepared if things escalate between now and then. With my other two labors, my BP was stable and I was allowed to be mobile. I don't remember the numbers...... I woulldn't mind the...
We're all trying to finish up those last minute details! Ugh, I remember those night sweats, too! I think I used prefolds and recieving blankets, but would sometimes worry aout them bunching up near baby while cospeeping. They are definately practical and easy. And if I remember right it was only a matter of a few weeks before everything regulated and leaking, etc was less of a problem. I can't remember ever taking my kids temps as infants. I based my decisions...
I will be induced next friday for PIH. (if not sooner). This is my third induction for the same reason. I have posted before about this so I won't repeat all the details. For this birth, I have been reading Ina May Gaskin, Birthing From Within, and other sorts of natural labor stories. I was prepared to trust my body and excited to experience a completely unmedicated birth. My other two birth experiences weren't bad, but typical hospital stories with plenty of...
It has been so long, I can't remember what I did to protect the sheets on my bed from various bodily fluids in the newborn period. We have a newer king size bed and we have a waterproof mattress protector, but I can't imagine having to change a full set of sheets every day for the first little while. I remember having exceptionally leaky breasts in the beginning as well as occasionaly baby explosions. I forgot what I did last time. Sleep on a towel? More small...
About BH ctx, I've felt them all along as well. They are getting more and more intense. I used to worry that they meant pre-term labor. Now I WISH they were changing my cervix, but they probably aren't...... DS just felt one the other day. He gave me a hug and my belly was as hard as a rock. He looked at me funny and said, "What's she doin' in there?" We had our first day out of school for my kids. While I had planned a fun and busy few weeks before baby comes,...
I was telling DH that I am starting to get that paniced feeling......we are very reaonable not only budget wise, but simplicity wise. These babies don't really need that much. I learned that lesson with my first when we had every gadget available and figured out that she needed mamma milk and our bed. Anyway, I've really held back this time. She has alot of onesies, not so many "outfits", and other basics. So suddenly I feel like I haven't prepared at all! If I...
So glad to hear she's doing well! Hang in there, sounds like it is a matter of time now until yu can bring her home. I couldn't get the link to work, but I'll bet she's gorgeous!
Quote: Originally Posted by jee'smom How incredibly easy it was. My second was much more needy then my first, but besides that, I felt better about the whole thing, like it was "old hat". When we brought dd home, I was a wreck, emotionally, hormonally. When we brought ds home, I turned to my dh and said "it feels like we just went for Chinese take-out, instead of a baby!" We brought him in, sat him on the kitchen floor, and I made everyone lunch. BTW,...
One of the lovely things about having my second baby is that I was so much more RELAXED! I wasn't worried about every sniffle or cough. I wasn't always looking forward to the next milestone (ie when is he going to sit up, etc) I just have thoroughly enjoyed every stage. Now he just graduated from kindergarten, sniff, sniff! The baby stage....my first was EASY! I was spoiled and thought I had it all figured out. It threw DH and I for a loop for maybe the first two...