or Connect

Posts by javamama

My MW did okay adding in a little swimming or walking because I was worried about losing strength with all this lying around. I will monitor BP before and after and as long as it stays around 85 diastolic, she's okay with it. My DD starts swim team next week, so I am hoping I can float in the shallow end while they do laps. I think it would feel good and make the rest of the day bearable. Thanks for the well wishes!
I'm all teary over here, a sweet friend organized two weeks of meals to be delivered to me AND another friend came and cleaned my whole house today! She enrolled my children in the process and I am so proud of how they helped! I already feel such peace and will be able to rest easier now. I had been feeling very low about the bedrest situation and although it is still not great, I know it is what needs to happen and we'll deal with it. Also, at my MW appt, BP was...
pinksparkelybarefoot- I didn't mind bedrest my last two pregnancies, either. Both cases I worked a little and, like you it gave me a break and I felt rested for labor. This time, the things I am cutting out are my kids soccer and softball, cooking, nesting for the baby.....family things that are harder to go without for me. On a happy note, a very dear friend arranged meals to be brought over to me for the next two weeks and someone came and CLEANED my HOUSE!! Such a...
Thanks for the response. I am feeling more at peace with things as I've thought them over. If we do induce, I know now that I am NOT doing it out of convenience or frustration. I LOVE my midwife and feel like we communicate well and are on the same page. She addressed all of my concerns and didn't bat an eyelash when I went from "I hate bedrest, how soon can I have this baby" to "What if I decide not to induce?" BP was better today than it has been, bedrest is...
My first readings were in the range of 120/70 give or take. I bought a bp cuff for home to help me get a sense of what is going on. My MW recommended it so I could tell what activities etc make it go up. Basically, being vertical raises it and laying down lowers it. At least I can be sure it isn't white coat or stress by watching it at home. The reason they are pushing for induction is that this has the potential to progress to the point of needing mag/citrate??...
Thoughts on induction and blood pressure -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Here I am again in a familiar place. This is my third pregnancy, I am 36 weeks. With both prior pregnancies, I was induced due to HBP. No protein spilling, just a little edema. The rationale both times was that it is steadily getting worse and induction would give me a chance to labor while fairly healthy. The possibility of waiting may have...
Yikes, it's June! I'm not ready! I did find a neighborhood high schooler who is going to come spend some time with me over the next few weeks. Mostly for light cleaning and projects. Laundry, vacuuming, wall washing..... I'm so greatful for the help! MW appt again today. I am up to 2 x week to monitor BP and an NST. At least I get out of the house..... My kids are officially done with school today. Yipee! Looking forward to some good family time before this...
Here I am again in a familiar place. This is my third pregnancy, I am 36 weeks. With both prior pregnancies, I was induced due to HBP. No protein spilling, just a little edema. The rationale both times was that it is steadily getting worse and induction would give me a chance to labor while fairly healthy. The possibility of waiting may have meant emergency delivery or limited movement and constant monitoring. The labors went as well as can be expected. Miserable...
I had similar pain after my last birth/back labor. I found a heating pad to be helpful. I also took the Ibuprofin they gave me at the hospital. I remember it lasting for quite a while (weeks, sorry), but it did slowly get better. Sorry you're having a hard time, you're not alone and it WILL get better!
Couldn't read without a Go for whatever sounds like it will stay down. Sometimes flat Coke works for my kids. My pediatritian recommended it one time and somehow it worked better than otherthings we tried. We usually switch to pedialyte or ice water as soon as they can keep a little food down with it. Take care, mamma!