or Connect

Posts by mamaeliz

Hi there,   I have currently been paying out of pocket for my kids to see Dr. Pike (we love their approach), but with three kids, I can't afford it!  He is letting us do a varnish application to their teeth (there is a fair amount of decay), and waiting it out.  The decay has been completely stopped in one of my twins, and almost in the other.  We have filled one cavity, but are leaving the other teeth for now.   We would like a "nice" dentist who creates a nice...
Thanks all!   She is sadly having a miscarriage, but it's really nice to have this info for the future.   Thanks again!
Hi all,   My sister who lives in St. Paul is newly pregnant and has some cramping.  I told her to check out a nurse midwife to help her navigate this disconcerting symptom, and she wanted a recommendation.  Anyone use the hospital to birth with a midwife?    We would really appreciate your feedback.  Thanks!   Elizabeth - mama of three, frequenter of the multiples board
I haven't had time to read the other posts, but I just wanted to say that we did it, and I was lucky enough to get the tandem thing down right away. Mostly we tandemed, but I also would nurse each individually as well, as their time clocks for sleep were different. I did take the twin thing seriously, though, and got lots of help to make exclusive bf-ing possible. Good luck! There is a lovely feeling to nursing two at once. Your arms are just full of love,...
oooh, just wanted to say that I read a pretty compelling article about Vit D during pregnancy (although cow milk has it's own issues, at least it has Vit D). I'm not sure where you live, but in areas with little sun (where I live in the Pacific NW), researchers are linking D deficiencies in pg with issues that the NW is riddled with, one of them being autism. As far as how much to gain, etc, I think that it's building up a good strong reserve so that you can nurse two...
I gained 80 lbs (maybe more) and now sit here one pound over what pre-baby weight. Eat to hunger, drink to thirst, and keep focusing on healthy foods. You'll be fine. Better yet, you and the babies will be great!
In my book, you're a twin mom! I have a good friend who adopted her first two, then after years of artificial insemination, got pregnant(!) and while pregnant, got hit up by the adoption agency of her second child who now had a sibling and would she like to adopt him? My friend said that she could never turn down a child being offered to her, so she had virtual "twins". Her daughter a tiny thing with blonde hair and blue eyes, and her son a big Korean boy with jet black...
Congratulations on the birth of your babies, and to you for making it through such a tough experience. I'll be sending healing thoughts your way. I really hope some angels fly in to help you through this. Sending a huge energetic hug........ elizabeth
We are at 25 months PP with twins and still no cycles. They wake at night sometimes to nurse, but nurse a lot during the day. Holy smokes!!!!!
Hugs, mama. If twin preganancy wasn't hard enough already! I hope that you can dispel some of the energy around this (probably after swinging to both sides of the pendulum). I believe that you will know what is the best choice for you and your family. You will. Trust in your beliefs. That may mean walking in today and having the babies, or it may mean waiting until you are in labor (even if they won't "allow" that). Technology is such a double edged sword,...