or Connect

Posts by ckumelos

I had terrible yeast infections postpartum last time, and I tried the garlic, yogurt to no avail.  Then I tried tea tree on a cloth menstrual pad and it was completely better in less than 3 days.   
My 4th baby, and 4th midwife.  The regulations in my state have relaxed over the years, so I actually get to hire one in my city this time!    My first child was born in the hospital after a transfer from home.  Second & third babies were born in birth pools at home.  I believe that the home laboring experience is far better, but I don;t have any first hand knowledge of labor at a hospitals.  I can surely say that the birth and postnatal care are far superior at...
Thank you.   
I suggest to the moderator that a line be put in the forum rules that if you have ever "HIT" your child don't even bother posting here because we will just blame all your child's problems on that.
Yeah, this is why one can't be honest on this forum... The problem is not that I smacked her on the face once for lying and spanked her twice for accidentally kicking me when she threw a tantrum.... She doesn't try to get her way by hitting, she tries to get it by throwing fits, by telling lies, by pulling things away from other children and by pushing.  She deliberately ignores but she only "hit" ONCE!  She runs away, she yells, screams, pouts, and throws things, but...
I don't "hit" her, I smacked her lips when she lied to me.    I appreciate the chart and am pretty sure I try those things.   The challenges I face are   1.  I give her LOTS of choices, about what she eats, wears, the books we read, how and where she plays, which park we play at, etc. 2.  I give her responsibilities, to place napkins on the table, to pick up after herself, to help with baby, to dress herself, to put away her clothes and keep her closet...
Hi All,   I am seriously looking for advice, and I have seen many good posts on this forum.   I have a 5 yo daughter, 3 yo son, and 1 yo daughter.  My 5 yo currently goes to Montessori from 8-3 most weekdays.  She has had discipline problems at the school, but her guide has so far been willing to try and work with us in helping her.  She slapped one of her teacher aid's a few weeks ago, and was asked to leave school for the rest of the day.  Since then, I believe...
Hi,  My daughter is enrolled in the Montessori.  I like it, but really don't have any basis for comparison.  I'm not really "in the know" on any public schools as I will not send my children to them.  I've heard Poison spider is a nice rural school and have heard good things about it.    Good Luck in Casper!    
I checked with the midwifery board and they sent me their whole list which consisted of two CPM's who've been "licensed" in Wyoming.  One is in Northern Colorado and the other is in southern Montana.  Not sure if either will attend births in Casper. 
Hi, I am 8 weeks, and am going to be thoroughly investigating in the next couple of weeks.  If you are in a hurry.... Karen Wendt and Heidi Stearns both do homebirths in Casper.  Im helping Heidi with her website right now - http://www.sweetwatermidwifery.com    I'm going to be looking to see if there are any Casper based midwives to make life easier and not have to travel so much for prenatal care.  But I've had two homebirths in Casper so far, so it is possible. ...