or Connect

Posts by steph

My daughter just turned 11 and has for the past 6 months been wanting to change her name.  We got her middle school class list for next year today and she saw that I hadn't changed her name as she requested and is upset with me.  What do you think about kids changing their names (in this case it's a random choice, not like using a middle name, just a different first name altogether)?  It seems confusing and honestly silly to me, but she's really wanting to go by this new...
There are probably some differing opinions on this, but generally speaking, it's better to make glycerite tinctures rather than alcohol tinctures for small children. While it's not alot of alcohol per se, they don't have alot of body weight and their brains are still developing. You can make a glycerite in the same manner you make an alcohol based tincutre, but use glycerine instead of alcohol. All of the herbs you listed should do fine in glycerine. It just means you...
No advise here, just in the same boat as you! Actally, my 4 yr. old wakes up at 5:30 and won't go back to sleep and ends up waking dh and I up - then is fairly tired/cranky by the time it's time to go to pre-school : I hope you get some good advise - oh, and I do know the clinging on in sleep thing- dd does that sometimes at night when she's first falling asleep.... can take an hour to finally sneak out of bed!
So here's what I realized.... That if I figured out the hourly rate for ps at the Waldorf-based, it's about $5.50 an hour. That's almost half of what I'm paying for childcare! So, I guess while it's a big chunk at the first of the month, it all averages out....... And, the bottom line is, the money stuff will work itself out somehow - it always does. I just need for her to go somewhere that feels right.
Thanks for all the replys.... I guess I'm still on the fence here - I visited the non-Waldorf ps the other day, and while it seemed like a fun environment, and dd was very comfortable there and got right into playing while the teacher and I talked, it's a big class - 20 kids (w/2 teachers)! Dd is an only child, with limited social interaction up till just recently when she's started playing more with some of the neighbors. I just am thinking that being in a class w/that...
I just need to talk out loud here for a moment and hope to get some input... I'm thinking of enrolling dd in a Waldorf based pre-school nearby. I like the teacher and the space and have always been attracted to Waldorf philosophically. BUT, the cost is really high - though not as much as some I'm aware - $2250 for the year. Still that's alot of money for dh and i. Some other moms I know have told me good things about some of the other pre-schools in our area that...
Not to hijack the thread, but for you moms who've nursed more than just a few months, did you notice any cycle changes? For me my once totally erratic cycle (part of my fertility problem) has become steady as clockwork, with great fertile mucus (another part of problem). Just curious....
Well, I always recommend the agency we used - Open Adoption & Family Services. Even though they're based in Oregon, they work with adoptive families from all over. And Humboldt Co. isn't all that far away You can check out their website at www.openadopt.com They were wonderful to work with! We were in the pool of prospective parents for about nine month. I know of people who were only in the pool for a few weeks before they were chosen by a birthmom. If you're at...
A little late here, but just wanted to let you know that the agency we worked with only does open adoptions and has no criteria regarding marital status. They were wonderful to work with and I highly recommend them. You can check them out at www.openadopt.com Best wishes!
With the agency we used, since the birthmother chooses who she places with, the agency has no restrictions on being single, other children etc. If a birthmother looked at your profile and thought you were the right one, you'd be it. Period. Don't let being (potentially) single with kids stop you from persuing your dreams! Best wishes!