or Connect

Posts by KurumiSophia

Quote: Originally Posted by prothyraia If you want to keep her RF, and she has no problems RF, and still fits the limits of her seat RF... keep her rear-facing! You are responsible for her safety. Not your MIL, not your family. Why would you let them convince you to do something that you *know* is against your child's best interest? Because I've been threatened with losing custody of my child because of not having a coat on her while in...
Phatui, I think she's 25lbs but I wouldn't know since we're still fighting to get her Medicaid so we can get her to a WBV. Alegna, I've already had many of my parenting choices called into question and so I have to tread very carefully since we're living on my MIL's sufferance. Its a case of I'm screwed if I do and screwed if I don't.
She's 32 inches tall at last count. Her legs go up the back of the seat which MIL is definitely NOT pleased about and has told me that this is just "esoteric" stuff that I'm worrying about w/keeping her rfing. I've done pretty good thus far keeping her rfing, I think, but I know its going to happen sooner or later with the higher probability of sooner. I'm a worrywart so I know a lot of this fretting is just stuff in my head but it doesn't make me feel any better...
DD's 2 and a half and getting rather long (not to mention the mounting family pressure) so its inevitable that we'll be turning her ffing fairly soon. I've just got massive nerves about it. I know she'll be very safe and all but it still doesn't make me feel any better. Wish I could put this day off a while longer but, alas, no dice. I know I'll get over it but its just making me go all wibbly right now.
DD is 29 months old and eats like a bird. We'll give her a full meal (entree and 2 sides) and she'll eat maybe a quarter of the whole thing at best. She'll snack a little bit but not a ton. Most of the time, what she's served goes right down the garbage disposal. I'm a bit worried because she seems to eat so little and this is a huge time for growth in her life. Anything I can do to get her to eat more? Eliminate snacks, reduce drinks, etc?
For me, the cold issue is that it bothers my knee a lot. She doesn't mind it one bit but it puts me in a lot of pain. We're going to try the stack of pillows idea. Its just very frustrating because a lot of the stuff in the house isn't kid friendly.
Quote: Originally Posted by dachshundqueen Perhaps more opportunities to climb on acceptable structures? William also likes to climb, which has resulted in stitches. Fortunately, enough acceptable climbing opportunities virtually eliminates the problem. Liz We really don't have anything in the way of acceptable structures for her to climb. The only chairs we have are breakfast bar chairs which are kinda high. She already fell off one of...
Ok. DD is almost 2 1/2. She's had her own room and bed for a while yet but 90% of the time she lands back in ours and frankly is a bed hog so we've been wanting her out of our bed and into hers. I've been trying to get her to sleep in her own bed but its a power struggle and I feel like a hockey goalie trying to get her to stay in bed. Add to this a shrieking temper tantrum every time, and I'm about ready to just pull my hair out. Though even when she's in our bed,...
Quote: Originally Posted by maryeb When ds1 was younger if he went to hit someone I would intervene, hold his hand before it landed, and neutrally said, "hitting is not okay/acceptable". And do the whole "you are mad/frustrated, etc...you wanted the toy and Joe is playing with it. Let's find another toy." No point creating more struggle with the time out, 2 is super young. Also, is the climbing super high? Will she jump to the ground and it's a hard...
I have a very stubborn 2 year old (almost 2 and a half) She's pretty verbal but persists in hitting or climbing on things she shouldn't, etc so it feels like she's perpetually in time-out. I try to break things down pretty simply but she just doesn't seem to get it. When she is in time-out, she's persistent in trying to get out of the chair which makes me add time which I have told her. The more you try to escape, the longer you have to stay. Its going in one ear and...