or Connect

Posts by April422

What I hear you saying is that you have some concern with the possibility of placental issues, specifically placement. Is it possible for you to use a doppler and find the placenta by listening for the sound of the placental flow? Of course that doesn't help much if the placenta is posterior, but if it's anterior and high up that might reassure you that you're not having any issues with previa. How opposed are you to having a anatomy scan around 20 weeks to verify...
Quote: Originally Posted by ericaz I have quite a bit of scar tissue on my cervix following a LEEP in '04 - so much in fact that most docs have had a near impossible time giving me a pap. That said, I was succesfully inseminated so it's not completely jammed closed. I'm wondering if any one can tell me what is the usual procedure for a cervix with scar tissue in cervix. Does it usually just break open on it's own or does a care provider typically need...
Congrats! What an amazing story!
One of the stem cell banking companies has a nice Labor and Birth book that they sent me months and months ago to give to clients and it has a nice guided imagery exercise in it. I loan it out to couples to try and if they like it they can copy it for their own use.
I've been a doula for many teens/women who have chosen an adoption plan for their baby. Language is important. "Give up their baby" can be a hot phrase, the more "PC" term would be chose an adoption plan/chosen an adoption plan or adoptive family. Some women are very settled in their choice, others not so much. Emotional dystocia can be an issue for those who are not confident with their choice or those who are being coerced. "holding onto" the baby isn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mindi22 Did they take an X-ray? True CPD can ONLY be diagnosed on film. Period. And it's way too early to call it anyway! I agree, ditch these providers and find ones that have some faith and trust in your body. While I agree with the second paragraph of your post, the fist part is untrue. Xray doesn't account for the influence of relaxin on the pelvis and the baby's head to mold to pass through the...
One of the equally important things in teaching childbirth education is knowing how to teach effectivly. It's one thing to know a lot about childbirth and it's awesome to want to impart that knowledge to others, but there is a wealth of information to be gained in learning how to teach so that your students will listen, hear and even more importantly understand. Now that's not saying not to follow your heart, but at the very least invest in and read Childbirth...