or Connect

Posts by April422

I'm sorry for your loss. RE teaching in the days right after, set up your room so you have everything you need in arms reach and SIT to teach. Have a doula friend or CBE friend come in and help you demo comfort measures so that you can remain seated and she and a volunteer can demo the actual measures and positions. You'll save yourself a lot of energy and reduce the chances of overdoing it and increasing your blood loss, aka, causing yourself to bleed more because...
Phase II stud gonig on here: http://www.nextbio.com/b/search/indi...id=NCT00828711
Quote: Originally Posted by MsBlack Starting with your last point first: Yes, in one way you could call the risks dose-dependent. OTOH, for instance, there are drugs that simply will not cause real harm at low doses, but certainly can/will at higher doses. Cytotec is more likely to cause problems, the more you use, yes--but the effects can be catastrophic even at the lowest dose. I'm not a fan of cytotec, I'll state that right up...
Penny Simkin was sellig the birthing slings at the 2003 DONA conference. Check out her website or contact her for more info.
I'd have done, and have done exactly what you did. I would call her care provider and discuss with them frankly what I've been seeing and feeling.
Note the date in your calendar and send her a card next year on the baby's birth or death date. So many people will avoid it, and you can guarntee that she'll be thinking about it. Offer to take her out to lunch, let her air her feelings, and avoid platitudes at all costs.
Quote: Originally Posted by momileigh I am genuinely amazed to hear that doulas have this kind of insurance. I'm happy to hear that it is cheap! Most midwives don't have malpractice and we don't even want it; it paints a big huge red target on your back. Most attorneys won't pursue a case where they have little chance of getting paid. You can't get blood from a turnip. Malpractice insurance on the other hand is practically guaranteed money for...
Quote: Originally Posted by dewi I'm surprised that DONA has not engaged the company for a policy to be more explicitly written for the scope of a Labor doulas. Unless there is some other company that wrote a policy for Labor doulas. There's no need to. The language of the PP policy covers any work the doula does from conception through a few months postpartum. If a doula is truly that worried over the validity of the coverage CM&F will...
Quote: Originally Posted by Meg08 I'm hoping for some help with researching something. I'm 16 weeks pp, still spotting. It took a really long time to get an appointment with my dr., but I finally saw her last week. She sent me for an ultrasound (which I can't get for another 3 weeks) and said my uterus is enlarged. She mentioned that there may be some placenta left and she wanted to rule that out and also checked for infection. I'm having...
Quote: Originally Posted by dewi You can bring a child that is still in your arms. this is not universally true. Please contact the trainer for the workshop you plan to attend. We don't allow babes in arms at our workshops. while we value the mother/baby relationship we've found they're too much of a distraction. We've built in ample breaks and encourage babes to be brought in to nurse during breaks and at lunch.